The Founder's Ball

Once I got to the Mystic Grill I heard Tyler say "Hey Rae, come here for a second." I smiled at him as walked over he pulled me into a hug, I rested a knee on his lap and leaned against him. I said "Hey Ty, what's up?" he said "I wanted to introduce you to my parents. This is my mom Carol and my dad who is also the Mayor Richard. Mom, dad, this is RaeLynn she just moved here yesterday." I stood up to shake their hands as they offered them and said "Its a pleasure to meet you Mrs. and Mayor Lockwood." Mayor Lockwood said "Please sit and join us RaeLynn." Tyler moved over so I took a seat. Mrs. Lockwood said "So where are your parents?" I said "Uh I'm... an emancipated minor." 

Mayor Lockwood said "Oh why did you do that?"I sighed and Tyler wrapped his arm around my waist for support as I said "It was that or be killed, my mom died when I was 9 and my father is abusive after my tenth time in the hospital this year I needed to act. He doesn't get arrested because he is the chief of police and the most respected man in that town. Plus he is such a good father to my brother and sister." 

Carol said "10th time in the hospital?" I said "Yeah, uh I was in the ICU for 2 weeks the last time." Tyler said "Why did he hit you?" I said "he loved my mom and I look like her twin when she was my age, it was a car accident she died and I survived so he blames me, therefore everything I do is wrong." Carol said "Well, you are always welcome in our home, right Richard?" he said "Of course, our house is your house. Tyler So what happens with the season? One big forfeit? Are they looking for a new coach?" Tyler said "I don't know, dad. I doubt anybody's thinking about that right now." Carol said "Richard, founder's party, focus."

Vicki came over and said "How are y'all doing over here?" Mayor Lockwood said "Ah, we're doing great, sweetheart." Vicki said "Is there anything else I can get you?" Tyler said "We're fine, thanks." Mayor Lockwood said "Just the check, honey." Vicki handed him the check and said "Here you go, Mayor Lockwood." he said "Thanks." Carol said "So RaeLynn do you have a dress to the founder's ball?" I said "A ball? Like cinderella?" Mayor Lockwood said "Have you never been to a ball?" I said "Ive only ever been to one dance in my entire life and that was prom in April and I didn't have a dress so my twin brother's girlfriend let me borrow one of hers." 

Carol said "Oh well, the party is tomorrow so come with me and we will get you a dress." Richard got up to let her out, and she grabbed my hand and led me away. She took me to a giant house and said "This is our house, we have a tailor so lets head up ad find your perfect dress." she walked up a grand staircase and into a room where a whole bunch of dresses and tux's I gasped and turned in circles looking at everything. Carol said "Ms. Layne can you find the perfect dress for my sweet RaeLynn please." the girl said "Of course." and ushered me onto a pedestal and she had me strip down to my underwear and bra which of course showed off all my scars and bruises. 

Carol said "Oh my go RaeLynn!" I said "I told you. They will go away eventually." we spent three hours to find the perfect dress, then the girl took my measurements and I got dressed. Carol walked me to the door and said "Ok so she will get to tailored to you and come over in the morning to get dressed." she pulled me into a hug and I said "Thank you Carol." she kissed my head and I went home to get some sleep.

The next morning I put on some sweats and a hoodie before grabbing my makeup and hair things, and stuck them in my duffel bag. I drove to the Lockwood mansion and when I got out of my car I saw Tyler walking toward me. He said "Hey beautiful." I said "Hey Ty, but I'm not beautiful." I went to walk up the stairs and he grabbed me around the waist, pulling my back to his chest making me giggle and said "Don't give me that. You are beautiful and you can't convince me otherwise." I said "Uhhh ok if you say so." he tickled my sides making me laugh as he said "I do say so." Carol who apparently was on the stairs watching us said "Tyler, baby I need to get her ready." Tyler said "Yeah sorry mom." he released me and I walked to Carol who ushered me into the house and upstairs to a room.