Chapter 1

It's a game they play.

Taehyun will flutter through the crowd of whatever party or club he and Beomgyu both frequent, mingling here and there, Beomgyu's eyes following him the entire night.

It's a game that always follows the same rules.

But tonight is different.

Tonight, Beomgyu doesn't like the look of Heeseung's hands on Taehyun.

He can't help but take in the way Taehyun angles his body, the way he rolls his hips to the sensual beat of the music. Beomgyu tries his best to ignore them, but his eyes follow the way Heeseung's hands slide around Taehyun's waist, fingers digging into his back and moving lower still. He hates that Heeseung gets to touch when he probably doesn't deserve to.

He doesn't know when it started, but static fizzes in his chest and fingertips whenever Taehyun gets too close to someone that isn't him. He doesn't know what to call the ugly feeling that bears down on him yet, but it rears its head again as Heeseung pulls Taehyun closer to whisper in his ear.

"Stare any harder and they're going to combust," Yeonjun says.

Beomgyu quickly averts his gaze and glares at the bottom of his beer-filled cup instead. "'M not staring," he mutters.

Yeonjun hums but doesn't sound like he believes him. "I just wanted to know if I should leave the apartment for you guys tonight. If I'd known you would make such a big deal about it, I wouldn't have asked."

Beomgyu doesn't dignify his best friend with a response. Instead, his eyes gravitate back to Taehyun and Heeseung on the makeshift dance floor in the living room.

The apartment is no different from any other student's flat. Apart from the spacious balcony that has a decent view of the Seoul skyline, it has the same cramped space, mismatched furniture and miscellaneous junk taking up floor space. Tonight, the place is more crowded than usual, everyone in search of an outlet before midterms next week.

Beomgyu doesn't know who the host is, but he feels like calling the police to shut the party down just so Heeseung can get his hands off Taehyun.

He has no right to feel the way he does because he's nothing more than just a body to keep Taehyun's bed warm at night.

He watches the pair until Heeseung leaves the living room. Beomgyu abandons Yeonjun at their spot at the wall and manoeuvres through sweaty bodies, carelessly discarding his drink on the nearest surface, until he attaches himself to Taehyun's back. Beomgyu runs his hands down the curve of Taehyun's waist and pulls him closer to his body. He presses gentle kisses to Taehyun's neck, feeling him shiver.

After almost a year and a half, Taehyun is well-acquainted with the feeling of Beomgyu's hands against his skin.

"Baby," Beomgyu breathes.

It's a game they play, and it always starts the same way.

Taehyun will wander through the crowd, fraternising with strangers, always glancing in Beomgyu's direction to make sure he's watching. Later into the night, when arousal is too strong for them to fight, Beomgyu will drag Taehyun off to an empty room or either of their apartments and get tangled in each other for the rest of the night.

Taehyun twists in Beomgyu's hold until he can wrap his arms around the taller boy's neck.

Taehyun leans in and kisses Beomgyu, cupping the back of his neck to keep him in place as their tongues brush. It doesn't last for more than a second, but it still leaves Beomgyu dizzy.

"Hi, hyung," Taehyun whispers against Beomgyu's lips, the cool metal of his lip ring getting Beomgyu more worked up than it should. Beomgyu can barely hear him over the thumping bass of the speakers placed a few metres away.