Chapter 10

"So let me get this straight," Soobin starts, taking his glasses off. "While you were lamenting over your unrequited crush on Taehyun, he thought you guys had been in a two-year relationship and dumped him over text?"

They're at a coffee shop near Soobin's apartment while Yeonjun hunts down a waitress to order more pancakes.

Beomgyu hums. "That sums it up pretty well."

That sets Soobin off into a fit of laughter just as Yeonjun slides back into their booth.

"What's so funny?" he asks.

"Beomgyu's just so... so stupidly oblivious it's adorable. Everyone knew he was dating Taehyun but him. Even after Taehyun asked him out," Soobin says in between giggles.

Beomgyu took the weekend to break down and analyse every part of his relationship with Taehyun, and he had been quite silly, hadn't he? He was so caught up in his insecurities that he couldn't open his eyes and see what was right in front of him. Looking back on it now, it makes sense that everyone called him Taehyun's boyfriend, because he was Taehyun's boyfriend. He hopes he still can be after this whole fiasco.

"I hate to be that guy—actually, no, this has been a long time coming—but I told you so. I told you Taehyun felt the same way about you, but you never listen to hyung, do you?" Yeonjun says, a stupid, smug look painted on his face.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Beomgyu rolls his eyes. Just because Yeonjun was right doesn't mean he has to admit to it.

"So... what now? Are you and him together?"

"I don't know." Beomgyu shoves a bite of waffles into his mouth to avoid responding. "We haven't really spoken since that night"

Yeonjun leans over to flick his head. "Talk to him before it's too late. Listen to your hyung this time."

***

A few days later, Beomgyu's back at the university's café. He's meeting up with Kai but, as usual, Kai's running late. They'd made up once they realised the whole situation was just one big misunderstanding.

Since cutting off Taehyun, he avoided coming here, hoping he wouldn't have to see Taehyun. Now that they sort of cleared the air, Beomgyu was back, hot chocolate steaming next to him.

The sketch he's working on isn't anything special, just something he added to in his free time and planned to post on his Instagram account.

"Can I get you anything else?"

"No thanks. Oh! Heeseung, I didn't know you worked here."

Heeseung's still just as pretty, smile just as bright. His shorter and lighter locks are the only thing that's changed.

"Started working here a couple of weeks ago. I haven't seen you here in a while, though."

Beomgyu clears his throat, fiddling with his pencil. "Something came up."

Heeseung raises an eyebrow. "A Taehyun thing?"

Beomgyu fakes a cough as heat rushes to his cheeks. "Um, yeah. I might have thought he was in love with you for a while."

For some reason, that makes Heeseung cackle. "Wait, you're serious?" Heeseung asks when Beomgyu doesn't join in on his laughter.

Beomgyu nods and takes a sip of his drink, just to give himself something to do.

"Beomgyu-ssi. Do you seriously have no idea how much Taehyun likes you? There's no way I could compete. Besides, as attractive and sweet as Tae is, I'm aromantic and asexual. I have no interest in dating him, only being his friend."