14 - 𝚂𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜

┌─────────❍─────────┐

"I don't like this feeling at all."

└─────────❍─────────┘

I sighed, pulling a handkerchief out of my pocket and handing it to Amanai who wouldn't stop worrying about Kuroi

I sighed, pulling a handkerchief out of my pocket and handing it to Amanai who wouldn't stop worrying about Kuroi. "We'll get her back."

Gojo's rough attitude towards her did not help either, but I understood where he was coming from. Our mission was to protect only Amanai, her companion not included. If we stray too far from our goal, we'd meet unnecessary obstacles.

Amanai looked up to me, tears spilling from her eyes again. She ducked her head and used the handkerchief to wipe her cheeks. I just knew it'll be drenched the next minute. She turned her back on me and curled up into a ball while keeping in her quiet sobs.

She was brave talking to Gojo, I'd give her that, but her worry seemed greater.

Sighing, I clapped my hands together, releasing my shikigami. The shade from the surrounding trees gave birth to the formation of my hyena. It came out laughing manically, as always, while a small part of me wished I could summon a dog shikigami instead.

"Yo," I called out, squatting down to match the hyena that was scratching the side of its mouth with its paw. "Can you meow? Or act cute? Anything to cheer them up?"

Of course, hyenas weren't the best choice for comfort, but how could I complain?

My hyena stopped and looked at me distastefully as if I just asked it to eat my leftovers– something I'd usually do back when I was still my silly younger self. It let out a soft growl then cackled as if it was ridiculing my idea. Sulking at its disobedience, I let out a loud sigh.

Geto settled beside me. "You doin'?"

"Trying to ask this little shit for a favor," I answered, tickling my hyena and ruffling its fur. "So stingy."

I still loved it eitherway. I just wished it was a little bit cuter.

"Oh." An idea came into my mind because of Geto's sudden intervention. "Geto-san, please lend me a curse!"

"Eh? For?"

"What do you have there? Anything furry will do." I needed something to comfort Amanai and Yume, and with Geto's variety of curses, I just hoped he'd get me something cute.

"Ah, just a sec." He stood up readily, then summoned one of his curses.

That was fast.