Writing Tips: Story Events

So I've gotten quite a few people asking for tips on writing and stuff, just generally. I decided that it might be a cool idea to start putting some of my writing tips in a book instead, but I didn't want to make a new book because I feel like my account looks so unprofessional with all of these books XD

Anyways, this first tip is something that I have trouble with and am currently struggling with on MCAM. The progression of a story and how to get to one event to another. I feel like this is a big problem for a lot writers and I hope I can help a few of you out.

As we all know, writing a story is a very big task and you have to be truly dedicated to it. This is especially true when the book you're writing is one you hope to get published. For a story to be the best it can be, you need a few things included in it:
•interesting plot
•interesting characters
•good pace
•large vocabulary range
•correct grammar/spelling (not everyone is a stickler for it, but many people are. Your grammar/spelling greatly affects your likelihood of being published.)
•be ORIGINAL

There's much more than this, but those are a few examples of important things for a successful story. For this chapter I'll focus on the pace. You don't want your story to feel too rushed or too sluggish. It's important to keep it at a moderate pace so the reader isn't bored, but they also aren't uncomfortable with how quickly the events are happening. This can also considerably lengthen or shorten your story.

Back a few years ago, I got the chance to have lunch with a published author. His name is slipping my mind at the moment, but he gave me some great advice. He told me that in order to write everything in a way that it's the perfect speed and it makes sense, he wrote the outline on notecards. He wrote out a big event or turning point in each notecard and put them out in order, then wrote more notecards with smaller events and things that would lead into each larger plot. Keep making more cards with smaller details until the entire story is planned out. Add notes and tips about anything you don't want to forget about any of the cards. This method can tremendously take down your risk of writer's block, and it makes the writing process a lot smoother. It seems like a lot of work, and it is, but it truly is worth it in the end.

Anything else you want tips on? Post it in the comments! I'll write out a chapter and post it as quickly as I can. Thanks for reading, hope this helped! <3