4th Year

20th September 1987

"Can anyone tell me something about Veritaserum?" Snape said in his usual monotone voice.

Brooke's hand shot up.

"Is there no one who can answer this question? What a pitiful state." Snape sneered.

"Please, Professor. Veritaserum is a powerful truth potion that forces the drinker to answer questions truthfully. Although, it can be resisted by an antidote, or by Occlumency." Brooke spoke up, as Rowan looked at her and smiled.

"5 points from Gryffindor for speaking out of turn, Miss Potter," Snape exclaimed.

"But sir-"

Snape slammed his fist on Brooke's table and said, "Do you take pride in being an insufferable Know-It-All, Miss Potter? Or is it too difficult for you to abide by the rules? Although you are not the one to blame, it's a sin to expect better from the sister of James Potter."

Snape scoffed and turned to face the rest of the class.

"Is it necessary to drag my brother in every single statement you wish to give against me, Professor?" Brooke spoke up, surprised at the amount of courage that she herself had been able to muster to confront the potions master, as she heard gasps emerging from all around the classroom.

Snape stopped dead in his tracks and turned to Brooke.

"You've earned yourself a week's detention, Ms. Potter," Snape replied, scrunching his hooked nose and turning to the other students, he muttered "Class Dismissed."

Brooke was the first one to leave the class as soon as those words left Snape's mouth.

Brooke felt an unexplainable pain cover her chest when the name of her brother had been uttered by Snape in such a way.

Brooke had a free period after that so she decided to pay Hagrid a visit, where she filled him in on the incident in potions class. Hagrid looked sad when he heard that Snape had said mean stuff about James, but smiled heartily when he found out that Brooke stood her ground against Snape for the sake of the people she loved.

"Yeh do know that ol' James had saved Snape's life at some point. A'though ol' Snape hates ter admit it." Hagrid stated.

Brooke shot him a confused look when Hagrid told her about how James had saved Snape from Sirius' prank which involved the plan of sending Snape to the Shrieking Shack when Remus was in his werewolf form.

The marauders had been the closest to Brooke after her family and Lily. Hence, she had been aware of them being animagi and Remus being a werewolf.

But after James' death, Peter was claimed to be dead, Sirius left Brooke without an explanation and was sent to Azkaban and Remus had been in hiding ever since. Although he did try to contact Brooke at times, Dumbledore had stopped him from doing so.

16th November 1987

"Where are you taking me, Bree?" Charlie asked, struggling to walk as Brooke had blindfolded the redhead and was leading him to an unknown location.

"We're almost there, Charles. Godric you're so whiny." Brooke exclaimed as she helped him tread the path down to Hagrid's hut.

Once they reached their destination, Brooke removed the blindfold from Charlie's eyes and motioned for Hagrid to proceed.

Hagrid went inside his hut to get the surprise and Brooke turned to Charlie. "Okay so first of all, don't freak out. I've thought this through. And secondly, consider this as a birthday gift in advance."