02~ RIPPER

It had been a week since Harry's birthday

It had been a week since Harry's birthday. And it had also been a week ever since Aunt Marge had arrived at number four, Privet Drive. 

And Brooke was surprised by the fact that she hadn't strangled Vernon's sister already. Marge constantly tormented Harry about his habits and Brooke had managed to keep her calm. Brooke couldn't have cared less about Vernon and Petunia, but she wasn't heartless either. She knew what siblings meant to each other, and understood how important Marge, as a sister, was to Vernon. 

And besides, Harry had been told that he was to get his permission slip signed, only if he 'behaved' during Marge's stay. 

Brooke knew the kind of excitement students felt during their third year at Hogwarts when they were told about their Hogsmeade visits. And she herself vividly remembered her first outing with Charlie at The Three Broomsticks, when she got her period all of a sudden and Charlie asked Penny for help. 

Brooke chuckled at the memory. And she knew what the thrill of visiting Hogsmeade meant to Harry. A part of her hoped for the Dursleys to sign his permission slip, but she also knew that it would've been dangerous for Harry to go to Hogsmeade with an alleged murderer after him.

Sirius Black. A handsome and charismatic young man, and the visible effect of his twelve years in Azkaban, was now on his face. The best man at James and Lily's wedding. A second brother to Brooke. And Harry's Godfather. Brooke still thought of the time when she heard the conversation between him and Hagrid after James and Lily's death. 

"Give Harry and Brooke to me, Hagrid, I'm Harry's godfather and Brooke is nothing less than a baby sister to me, I'll look after them -" Sirius' voice rung through her ears every now and then. Brooke knew that there definitely was more to the story. Because the chances of Sirius being the reason behind James and Lily's murder were equivalent to the chances of Charlie, Bill, Tonks, Rowan, or Penny being the reason behind Brooke's murder.

Brooke thought of Remus and Peter as well, at times. And hearing about Peter's outburst towards Sirius, after the betrayal, was heartbreaking for her as well. Peter had charged on Sirius and was blasted into smithereens by the black-haired man. 

Brooke had also sent out letters to Remus at times but had never received a reply. She missed the marauders as well, so much that every dog reminded her of Sirius. Every wolf howl reminded her of Remus. Every time she looked at Scabbers, Pettigrew was the first thing that came to her mind.

And to think how uncanny rat Pettigrew's resemblance was with Scabbers.

Brooke was currently in Dudley's old bedroom, waiting for Harry to return. It was Marge's final night at the Dursleys. And Marge had begged for Brooke to stay out of the Dursley's way because she was always "correcting the mess Harry had made".

Brooke was staring at Hedwig's empty cage when Harry burst in. Brooke sho him a confused look when she heard a shriek. She looked out of the window and was shocked, as well as delighted to see a bloated Aunt Marge clinging to the terrace and her dog, Ripper, barking madly.

"Come on, we're leaving," Harry said as he collected his belongings and books from under the floorboard under his bed and was shoving them in his trunk. 

"Oh wait, young man, answer me first. What did you do?" Brooke deadpanned.

"I- I lost control. They were insulting Mum and Dad," said Harry.

"Okay, so under normal circumstances, you would've been grounded. But I can't blame you here. If I were you, I would've done the same thing," Brooke answered and with a flick of her wand, all of her and Harry's equipment was packed up. 

Brooke and Harry collected their trunks and walked down the stairs, to find uncle Vernon shouting. 

"COME BACK IN HERE! COME BACK AND PUT HER RIGHT!" 

Brooke furrowed her eyes at the neckless man and pointed her wand at him.

"She deserved it," Brooke said. 

"She deserved what she got. You keep away from me and my family," Harry spoke up through gritted teeth and Brooke smirked proudly at him.

"I'm going, I've had enough," said Harry and he grabbed Brooke's arm and led her out of the house.