05~ BELLSHANKS

THREE WEEKS HAD PASSED AND BROOKE HADN'T SAID A WORD TO ANYONE

THREE WEEKS HAD PASSED AND BROOKE HADN'T SAID A WORD TO ANYONE. Harry had been told that Brooke had caught a throat infection and was going through a treatment that forbade her from speaking. 

All Brooke did was prepare for Hogwarts, write to Charlie, Bill, Ginny, Oliver, Cedric, and the other Weasleys, and occasionally tagged along with Harry to Diagon Alley, mainly to pull him away from the dignified display of the Firebolt in Quality Quidditch Supplies.

She was often visited by Penny, Jae, and Talbott as they, along with Barnaby knew about the secret she held between her jaws and the reason behind it.

Brooke didn't worry about Hogwarts, though, as she had written to McGonagall, giving her the same throat infection excuse. McGonagall, on the receiving side of the letter, smirked with realization. But instead of confronting the blonde, she accepted her request and got all her classes shifted by a week and a half.

The aunt and nephew had run into several people from Hogwarts. Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnigan, and Neville Longbottom being a few to name. Brooke's eyes softened at the round-faced and blonde-haired boy as he smiled sheepishly at the girl. She was immediately reminded of Alice and Frank Longbottom. Brooke remembered them as James and Lily's friends who had shown up at their wedding. And she was also reminded of the sadness she felt while taking care of the tortured Aurors at St. Mungos, as they remembered nothing and spent their days in oblivion.

Brooke was currently sitting in Barnaby's cafe, as Harry was doing his History of Magic Homework at Florean and Fortescue's when Barnaby came up to her. 

"So, what are you going to have today, your usual?" He asked and Brooke nodded in response. 

Barnaby smiled at her and left when Brooke heard the voice of her nephew call out to her. Brooke turned to find the spectacled boy standing beside an all too familiar mess of bushy hair and another all too familiar boy with fiery red hair. Brooke almost squealed in excitement at the sight of them, but then realization struck her. Molly, Fred, George, Arthur, Ginny, Percy, and Ron had returned from their trip a day prior to the day they were to return to Hogwarts. 

"Hey, Bree," Ron and Hermione greeted her in unison and shared brief hugs with her, which she reciprocated.

"Bree has a throat infection, so she hasn't been able to speak that much," Harry told his friends and Brooke nodded in agreement.

"Throat infection? But I believe that there are spells that can cure it completely," Hermione questioned.

Under normal circumstances, Brooke would've been proud of her knowledge and her know-it-all behavior. But Brooke was on the edge of being exposed here, so she was frantically trying to come up with an excuse when Ron spoke up.

"Bree is a healer, Mione. She'll know what to do," the boy said as a matter of factly and rolled his eyes.

Brooke smiled at Ron and Hermione shrugged. But Brooke definitely knew that the two of them were already behaving like a married couple and she chuckled at the thought.