21~ DICKHEAD

"OLIVER WOOD IS SUCH A DICKHEAD!" Ginny's voice wrung through Brooke's office as she walked into the room with a clenched jaw and a fuming expression on her face.

"Couldn't agree more," Vega Malfoy, who was seated adjacent to Brooke, muttered under her breath. But Brooke wasn't able to hear her over the initial shock Ginny's words gave her.

"Excuse me, young lady. What did you just say?" Brooke asked the redhead, her eyes so wide that they were just another jumpscare away from popping out of their sockets.

"I said that Oliver Wood is a dic-" "I heard what you said!" Brooke cut Ginny off, preventing her from completing the sentence.

Brooke turned to Vega as Ginny seated herself on the sofa beside Brooke's desk.

"I loved your essay on 'Wizard Alternatives to Menstrual Problems' and I would like to make an offer," Brooke told the platinum blonde as she gave her a small smile.

"I would like to forward this essay to St. Mungos for further research. And if they like it, they'll offer you a chance to work further on it. It would work wonders for your career," Brooke proposed.

"Thank you so much, Professor. But I think I'll have to pass," Vega stated, dejection written all over her face.

"Are.. Are you sure, Miss Malfoy? It's a very rare opportunity and too good to pass up, if you ask me," Brooke exclaimed.

"I understand, Professor. And I appreciate your help. But I'm sure. I can't afford to have my father know my whereabouts outside of Hogwarts, at least not until I graduate," exclaimed Vega in a small voice.

"Oh, so is that the reason why you keep coloring your hair? And the piercings?" Ginny asked, intrigued.

"That's none of your business, Ginevra Molly Weasley," said Brooke, strictness laced in her voice.

"It's okay Miss B," Vega told Brooke and turned to look at Ginny. "Well, if you're stuck in a loop filled with stuck-up arsehole purebloods, you have to do all sorts of things if you want to piss them off," Vega told the redhead, who nodded in anticipation. 

"However, you've got nothing to worry about, since you are nowhere near where all these Malfoy family shenanigans happen," Vega reassured Ginny, who smiled in response.

"However, I'm interested in why you think Oliver Wood is a dickhead," Vega told Ginny.

"I'm more interested in knowing where you learned this word from," Brooke added.

"Oh, Hermione calls Ron that, all the time," Ginny said, shrugging.

"Remind me to bring this up whenever I speak to Granger next," Brooke whispered as Ginny turned to Vega.

"He told me that there will be no tryouts this season because he feels that the current team is enough. Can you believe him?" Ginny vented.

"And you want to be a part of the team?" Vega asked and Ginny nodded.

"Can you try and talk some sense into him? I have a feeling he'll listen to you," Ginny said, as Brooke smirked at the sentence.

"Well, it's his team. I've got no jurisdiction over the choices he makes on their behalf. However, look on the bright side. He's graduating next year. And the team is going to need new players. And I'm sure you'll be the best addition to the Gryffindor team," Vega explained. 

"You think so?" The redhead asked the Slytherin captain.

"I know so, Ginevra," Vega reassured her.

"Geez. I'm glad you broke up with Wood. You are way too good for his ass," Ginny remarked and Vega chuckled.

"Watch your language, Ginny Weasley!" Brooke stated as Ginny and Vega shared giggles.

"We never dated, Ginny," Vega clarified. "We were a very momentary thing," Vega stated with regret and grief laced in her voice. 

"Too bad, you always bought out the best in him," Ginny said, as Vega smiled at her.

"I'll offer you a piece of advice, Ginevra, if you don't mind," Vega started, and Ginny nodded, motioning for Vega to continue.

TW: indirect mention of self-harm

"If a person really loves you, they wouldn't need you to be around to be the best version of themselves. They would be the best version of themself for their own good. A person who truly loves their own self can wholeheartedly love others," Vega said with a sigh, tracing her finger across a fresh cut on her forearm.

"Secondly, if you love a person enough, you wouldn't want to be a damaged good for them to fix," Vega completed, as a tear left her eye. Brooke looked at her with compassion and Ginny held her shoulder comfortingly.

Vega smiled at Ginny and regained her composure. "But in the end, it's all destiny. If you aren't meant to be, the universe works against you. But if you're meant to be, the forces of the universe will work in your favor," Vega concluded.

"Forget healing or quidditch, you should be a philosopher," Ginny commented and Vega beamed at her and ruffled her hair.