20~ BOWER

PERCY POMPOUSLY GUIDED THE STUDENTS TO THE GREAT HALL AS BROOKE HELPED STUDENTS IN EVACUATING THE GRYFFINDOR AND RAVENCLAW TOWERS. Her brother's dearest mass murderer best friend had tried to get into the Gryffindor tower and had attempted to tear open the fat lady's poster.

Brooke's mind was buzzing with questions, but she decided to put the safety of her students before her as she helped them out of their common rooms and into the great hall.

Once all the students had collected in the great hall, Brooke was told to search through the Gryffindor tower, along with McGonagall.

McGonagall and Brooke rushed along the grand staircase and approached the Fat Lady's dilapidated poster.

"Minnie?" Brooke asked in a soft voice, contradicting the chaotic environment.

"Yes, Bree?" McGonagall answered as they searched the Gryffindor common room.

"Do you remember that day? When Hagrid bought me and Harry to you?" Brooke asked, the lump in her throat widening and her voice breaking.

McGonagall paused for a minute and turned to look at Brooke.

"Quite Vividly, Bree," McGonagall answered, looking slightly tensed as if she had been dreading this.

"Can you tell me something? Anything about that day? How I survived, per se," Brooke asked, as McGonagall stopped in her tracks.

Brooke turned to look at the Gryffindor house head as she removed her glasses and wiped them with a napkin.

"I knew this day would come," McGonagall stated as she placed her glasses on her nose again.

"But your curiosity is natural, Bree, so I'll let you in on everything I know."

---

"She is no ordinary witch, Minerva," Dumbledore stated as the headmaster and the professor looked at a rescued Brooke, who lay unconscious at the Burrow, having her wounds treated by Molly.

"But Albus, how did she survive?" Minerva asked, unable to contain her curiosity any longer.

Dumbledore gave a small smile and turned to look at Minerva. "James Potter was more than just a passionate and intelligent wizard, Minerva. He had cheated death by outsmarting and defeating Tom Riddle thrice. But he also had certain bowers that helped him outwit death every time."

"An anchor was created every time he developed a special bond with someone. His anchors were his friends, the Blacks, Lupin, and Pettigrew, the love of his life, Lily Evans, his son Harry Potter and his sister, Brooke Potter."

"Now, a person's fate is not written by their selves. But if a person creates an anchor, they're the master of their fate. A fate of such a witch or a wizard is like a ship, if it has to stay, it's caught by its anchors. But if it has to leave, the anchors are of no use. The anchor is also a sort of a bower."

"One of James' bowers, Lily Evans, had already given up her life for their son and refused to come back. Hence, he might've decided to not return, to honor his son's life, his sister's bravery, and his wife's sacrifice. So instead of returning to life, he sacrificed his life and passed on this power to save his sister's life."

"Brooke Potter- the girl who fought. She survived because even she managed to create an anchor bower... her nephew, Harry Potter, thanks to the power her brother passed on to her."

---

Brooke's legs gave away as she fell onto the couch in the common room as McGonagall rushed to her side. She poured Brooke a glass of water and handed it to her.

"I know it is a lot to process, Bree," McGonagall said, rubbing her back comfortingly.

"James sacrificed himself... for me?" Brooke asked and McGonagall nodded.

McGonagall held out her hand and motioned for Brooke to take it, which she did and McGonagall pointed to the cuts she had made on her hands.

"I know for a fact that you love your brother, and would not let his sacrifice go to waste by harming yourself. Your brother's love saved you, just like how Lily's love saved Harry," McGonagall stated.

Brooke's POV:

"I know for a fact that you love your brother, and would not let his sacrifice go to waste by harming yourself. Your brother's love saved you, just like how Lily's love saved Harry," Minnie told me and tucked a stray strand of my hair behind my ear.

And she wasn't wrong either. My life is too precious, and my brother's sacrifice was the reason I am still living it. It would be an insult to him to waste it or just give up.

I had a million reasons as to why I should've given up. But now, I have a reason to live.