14~ THE TALK

The early morning sounds of the birds chirping was violently interrupted by the sound of the blaring muggle device that Brooke had picked up from a shop beside the Leaky Cauldron in Muggle England. Alam... Aulum crock... whatever they used to call it.

Charlie frantically got up to the sound and looked around the room, as Brooke let out a small squeal and rolled off to the bed and onto the ground.

"BREE!" Charlie yelled, as Brooke groaned.

Charlie helped her up as Brooke wiped the drool and sweat off her face.

Charlie looked around the room for a minute and took in everything, his fingers tightly clasped around his wand.

Then it hit him. He had been unwell and drunk when Brooke Potter, the last person who wanted to see him, had let him stay for the night.

He had to leave. If not for him then at least for the love of his life, who was, at that very moment, wiping the sweat of guilt off his face.

That one person, who was knee deep in greif because of her boyfriend's reckless actions, did not take priority in fixing the peices of her life together. Provided that a mass murderer, who was once like a second brother to her, was after her, she was just a storm away from turning into a part animal and Remus Lupin, who was basically a third brother to her was in the same castle as her but she had not said a word to him. Instead, Brooke took priority in wiping the cold sweat off his face and tucking him in bed while he was a drunken mess.

That was all that he needed to see. That was all that was enough for him to make his decision. She was too pure for him. She was too good for him. He didn't deserve her.

Charlie turned to look at her with his fiery red hair sprawled across his forehead.

Brooke, who was busy tidying him, stopped as Charlie took her petite hands in his large ones.

"Did you sleep well, Bree?" Charlie asked.

Brooke nodded in response, avoiding eye contact.

"You know you can talk to me, now that the mandrake leaf is out of your mouth," Charlie said as his fingers met her chin and he turned her head towards him.

Her dark blue eyes met his hazel ones, as Charlie breathed a sigh of relief on noticing that humane emotions had returned back to her pupils. And the dark circles that had started to appear, due to the lack of sleep, had now lightened.

"Last night was literally the first time I had a good night's sleep in days," Brooke spoke up.

"Same for me," Charlie stated.

Winning Brooke back was not the only reason why Charlie was back. But things took an unexpected turn in Romania and he had felt the need to return something back to Brooke.

"I want to tell you something," the pair said to each other in unison.

They stared into each other's eyes for a minute, and a light chuckle left their lips as they realized the position they were in.

Their eyes trailed off from meeting each other's to their lips as they found themselves subconciously leaning towards each other.

But before their lips could touch Brooke was snapped out of her trance as she pushed the redhead off.

"We really can't keep it in our pants for too long, can we?" Brooke exclaimed and rolled her eyes.

"Not my fault that we have a terrific sexual chemistry," Charlie joked as they chuckled again.

"It felt so good to see you smile again, Bree," Charlie stated as he curled her sandy blonde locks of hair behind her ear.

"Likewise, Charles," Brooke stated, smiling faintly.