03. Bewilderment

Chapter 3

Felicity watched the gowns her maid prepared for the bonfire laid now neatly on her bed after she had just gotten out of her warm bath.

Every year her family would celebrate the bonfire, a tradition that went for ages, and as always she couldn't seem to wait but for some reason she didn't feel excited or joyful,

The whole week she had been busy pondering on how to get Asher back, her mind had in fact been full of it but she was running out of ideas, he knew every stunt she had done and she thought of actually murdering him, but being in the newssheet in Plymouth society would give her aristocratic family an heart attack. Ever since she accidentally swirled around so his face was centimetres away from hers she couldn't help but remember his eyes,

She was so sure that they were brown, plain brown, boring brown, like a mud, like the trees, but god had she been wrong,

There were freckles of green, and in the middle just near the orb a swirl of darker green surrounded and his eyes was a lighter brown, not dark.

How come she never realised that in the span of ten years?

Perhaps because they never stood that near to each other, or that she never bothered since the only thing he ignited from her was annoyance or anger.

Felicity realised where her thoughts were heading and she stopped herself and instead started striping out of her attire, taking the neatly done chemise she put it on and took a corset over it, although she had not devolped into a full grown woman her mother said that it would soon come, that puberity would hit her one day.

Well it damn sure hit some girls in her class already that Felicity thought something was wrong with her.

Oh well.. she would have to believe her mothers words stating that not all flowers bloom at the same time.

Looking at her reflection she pondered on if she would pull her hair up, she had never liked her hair, it was to much and she wanted to cut it at times, but it was forbidden for her, her mother had grounded her when she once held siccors after the time when Asher commented on her hair, saying that it was ugly.

She had cried for weeks, but she was six years old then.

Lots had changed, eight years were a lot of time.

She had changed, and she wouldn't live by his statement. Brushing her hair she decided to let it down, watching it reach her midriff, she traced her hand through it and felt the silkiness of it. Asher Matthews could go to hell.

She stood up and saw her waist now inched, her eyes was glimmering with aliveness and she felt beautiful.... Yes she felt beautiful.

Walking out of her bedchamber she strode down the stairs finding both her parents for the first time assembled at the dinning table, usually her father would not be residing at home, since when had he arrived?

Felicity couldn't hold in the shock, "Father!" she heard the warning tone of her mother but she didn't listen and instead sprung to his embrace, "There there child..." her father held her tightly returning the hug.

She wasn't able to see her father thanks to his work that had made him leave for London for years and sometimes months, "For how long are you staying?" she asked as they pulled apart,

Her fathers grey eyes lifted as he smiled, "Until your birthday I hope, I wouldn't miss it for the world,"

She beamed in happiness, her father was here on the day of the bonfire and he was even staying till her birthday! Two weeks away!, "Oh father I have missed you so much!,"

"Not as much as I have sweetheart, Let us not interrupt your mothers quiet time, why don't we talk in the carriage at the ride to the bonfire," He smiled

Felicity frowned, "The bonfire will not be here?"

Her father looked at her mother who was suspiciously quiet, Felicity looked at her father wondering why they were quiet, "Haven't your mother informed you?" he asked slowly making Felicity slowly shake her head as she felt a sudden anxious rush,

"Informed me about what?" Felicity blinked in bewilderment

"That the bonfire is at the Matthews,"

"What!"

_________________________________

Vote and comment!