48. Signature

chapter 48

"Slow down for gods sake! Repeat yourself again? You have a what?"

Asher was now back in London, after yesterday have found out he had a child he didn't waste any time and headed straight back for London, there were a few things that needed to be done before he could return back with an important task.

His brother was now seated behind the desk, looking in disbelief,

"She's carrying my child. You know i do not play jokes about my own life for gods sake!"

"She--- as in Felicitiy?"

"No, my bloody mistresses, of course it is her! Which other woman has tormented me this much"

"Stop pacing around and tell me the whole story,"

Well, striding in someones study and only telling them they were going to be a father and signing a piece of matrimony papers were not perhaps the best idea for one to understand, But Asher had little time, he needed to return back and show her exactly what keeping his child away from him meant,

Asher told his brother the full story of what occured,

"She was willing to go to lengths, god knows when i would have found out if even i ever would had known, she is heartless... malicious... willing to birth a bastard"

His brother seemed still in shock as Asher contiunued harshly, "I will not permit her to raise my child in such circumanstances,"

"What do you mean?"

Asher cast his gaze back to his brother and stopped pacing, now giving him the other paper, He was not going to allow his child to be shunned, and live like som shameful secret,

"Only for my child am i doing this,"

"Asher, this is marriage papers,"

"It is,"

And if everything went according to his plan, Asher would be a married man in days.

"Marriage is another matter don't you think? You need to solve your issues together, you still love her, it is obvious, are you denying that?"

Asher knew to hear such drivel from his romantic brother who took marriage as serious as the vows said, but this was not about love, it was not about himself or Felicity,

it was about the child she held,

"How can you even ask me of that? after everything she done,"

"It weren't long ago when you begged for forgivness and couldn't see anyone but her, i know you aren't being truthful to yourself Brother, but it cannot be easy on her aswell,"

He didn't want to hear any excuses for her unexcusable behaviour, "I am doing it for my child. In the same situation, would you not also?"

Removing his hands from the desk, Luke stood up straight, his blue eyes level with Asher's, "Yes i would" He said solemnly.

"Then will you do it for me?"

"I will do it for your child." His mouth quirked. "You know i have always wanted to become an uncle, although i never imagined it to be this early"

Asher chuckled lightly, "That we both can agree on,"

And now when he had evidence that could back up everything he needed to visit a few other friends and return straight back.

**

Two days Later, Felicity spent two whole days half dreading his arrival. Asher had yet to make an apperance, Felicity was frankly shocked he hadn't come. For all his talk and threats of how much he would keep an eye on her she hadn't seen him in days now. And it felt like she couldn't be truly at ease, she dwelled on asking her mother to move to her grandma's country house in North England, but considering how he threatned her about fleeing she knew that it wouldn't led her anywhere, besides travelling that far wouldn't be good for her babe.