32. Jealous

Chapter 32

Felicity gritted her teeth, she was deep in her bubble bath as thoughts consumed her,

she couldn't forget what has happened this past week, for the fourth time the woman so called Caroline David had somehow found herself face to face with Asher and her, yesterday it was at an business association, there were plenty of people, even the king could be there

It could be a coincidence, right?

The twinge of something burning inside of her, twisting her whenever the dark haired stunning woman spoke to Asher had her boiling, he is mine! The inner voice of her told the truth, she was jealous, god hell, she truly was jealous.

And it was all because of yesterday, she realised that being his secretary was a torture a true torture.

Flashback

"You look handsome Mr. Matthews," the woman smiled, showing the perfect set of teeth, Felicity squashed down her envy, she couldn't bare to stand beside him while he returned her flirtations, it hurt to much, the woman knew how to capture a mans attention, her seductive voice, her words, Felicity never was a violent person, but she started to doubt that now.

Why was he tormenting her like this? making her follow his every step when she wanted nothing else but stand an mile away from him.

While it felt like ages, eventually the blasted woman left their sight, "Ms. David is a remarkable woman," Asher breath fanned her neck making Felicity shiver, she held in the urge to lean against his broad chest, when his words settled in her brain she went cold,

Ms. Davids is a remarkable woman

He liked her... how couldn't he? She was beautiful, every man fell for beautiful womans,

Her heart twisted in a way that felt foregin, startling her with a rush of emotions that was purely not her,

She wouldn't cry,

Forcing herself to stay calm she replied even if it felt like swallowing a handful of nails, "She is indeed"

Flashback end

While Felicity felt her heart hurt from it all she felt something else that was far stronger, the fear of loosing him, and the startling realisation, that she loved him.

God she loved him, it had been only five months of seeing him after all those years and she fell that fast, four weeks since the night he made love to her, it replayed in her dreams every night. Could she trust the same man with her heart? Could she love a man that was a known rake, heartbreaker and the most arrogant person she had ever encountered?.

It didn't seem to matter, because she felt that thumping again as she thought of him, her whole body would react from his name, presence, voice.

God hell, what ought she do? Just when he seemed to hate her for being bloody late! Took her position as Project advisor and spoke to her with such a cold tone, barely looked at her if not necessary and work related. She felt her eyes moisten, bloody hell, she never felt emotional, perhaps one of those times when she lost her precious dolls which was several years ago, and now she was slowly losing him, a shallow laugh echoed through the walls of the bathroom, she felt miserable.

"My god, Miss Lawson, your skin have wrinkled, how long have you been in the water?" a voice broke through her thoughts, lifting her head she saw her maids concerned face, she hadn't relaced that Berta had entered and were standing above her with a towel, "dear, I must have forgotten the time, prey tell how much the time is?" panic rised inside of her, just thinking that she would be late again almost made her slip as she didn't hesitate and wobbled out of the steaming water, grabbing the towel from her maid she wrapped it around her body.