42. couldn't be true

chapter 42.

eight days later

There were downsides of being pregnant felicity realised, not a lot but few things that affected what was mandatory to her life, such as taking her horse blaze out riding every morning in Plymouth, something she couldn't do back in London.

now she couldn't for the safety of her child growing in her tummy,

Additionally there were the added hormones that she couldn't handle, she either spent her days in her bedchamber, isolating herself so she could cry in peace.. or she was giggling and eating till her stomach felt full,

there were nothing in between and it came rapidly.

Being out in the nature and going for walks helped calm down her, the reason why she asked her friends to join her, Celeste were busy so it ended up being Rose and Mabel who could. the two of them were mothers... had been pregnant,. Felicity hadn't the guts to tell them.

Mabel was about to give birth anytime soon with her second child, perhaps giving her shocking news would not be good for her health. Rose already had two and three year olds, "We have been trying for another.." Rose smiled dreamingly , Mabel chuckled with shake of her head, "He never gives you a break does he?"

Felicity listened intenly, she felt a deep envious of both Rose and Mabel, they had husbands that adored them, loved them deeply for who they were, unflawless for society but perfect for each other,

"If anything i'm the one who doesn't give Nicholas a break... i so badly want another daughter and a boy..."

"Bu-- but you already have two twins and incredibly turned out a daughter and a son..." Mabel chuckled,

Felicity smiled she was imagining herself and wondering how her child would be...

"the twins clung to me once they couldn't stand on their toes, now their father is one they call for....Nicholas spoils them to much, " Rose sighed and continued, "Therefor i came with the conclusion that a boy and another girl settles our problem.. that way we can have each pairs,"

"Hah! Malcolm wants a field filled with kids, if only he bloody knew the pain of carrying them.. birthing them.. god hell"

Felicity gulped hard,

alright she didn't like hearing that.

Perhaps asking them to join her for a walk weren't wise. But Rose and Mabel were the least judging persons, even after being married and with kids they had not pushed both her Celeste, Amelia to get married, and birth kids. Felicity saw how blissful and joyful, content they seemed, but they also took great care to not speak only about their life's as mothers and so the thought of that life no longer scared her, but

Love was not meant for her,

then she felt eyes on her and two particarlly, "You seem off is everything alright?"

Was it that obvious? god she should have wore her bonnet that covered her whole head,

now she was forced to flaunt her face that perhaps gained tons of weight, she weren't wearing a corsett anymore since it could affect the baby.... "Yeah, whyever makes you think otherwise?"

"You usually talk more than anything, we have been away from each other for months, and your quiet... has something happened?"

Uh-- Yeah, the fact that she was bloody pregnant, was hated by the father of the child she was carrying.

Lots of things happened,

"I'm afraid the sun is to hot for me, my freckles are coming back, dammnation!"

"You are glowing my dear,"

"Completely shinning... is it a remedy of your mother's? do let me know what she used, i'm afraid i look like a walking horror, pregnancy does not look good on me," Mabel sighed.

huh?

shinning?

perhaps they couldn't see her at all.

"My knees are aching... could we call it a day ladies?" Mabel groaned as Felicity held her so she wouldn't stumble, "Well of course, my dear we have soaked the sun more than needed." Rose looked worringly, Felicity the same.

"The birth doesn't seem to be far away now at all," Rose muttered as she took the otherside of Mabel, "We can only hope that the birth doctor come in time for this birth,"

Felicity frowned at that, "What do you mean? what happened the last birth?"

They looked at each other and back at Felicity, "Right, you were in france then, the doctor didn't arrive in time, but had it not been for Amelia who took the place as an birth doctor, god only knows what could have happened,"

"My god, is that why she persued becoming a nurse and all?"

"Perhaps, but we can't be sure either, it was after all a year ago, and she had persued her nursing a few months ago"

They arrived back at were the roads crossed to each homes, "Alright, since me and Mabel are close resided, you shall hurry back, the sun is overly hot,"

Felicity nodded and hugged them, biding them goodbye and turned,

"Oh and Felicity!" looking over her shoulder she could see Rose smiling from distance, "Don't daydream on your back home,"

Groaning inwardly Felicity shook her head, it was an inner joke when she had kept something from them and they said that her daydreaming was what she tended to do.

they could see through her then, just perhaps not see her since they called her glowing.

Brushing the grass with her ballerina shoes a smile made its way to her lips as she caressed her stomach in circles,

i promise to protect you... at all cost little one..

just as she reached her household she saw something was different, a carriage stood across the road, her mother stood on the front porch and seemed to talk intensly with someone or more like shouting...

as Felicity walked further her whole body freeze in place, she stopped completely,

Asher

his long tall figure.....

perhaps god hated her, because he looked away from her mother and met her eyes,

everything stilled.

except her rattling nerves, she could see the intense look on his face from here, could see the wary and cautious look,

No... she couldn't face him...

her lips quivered and she turned on her heel, hearing the shout of her name, she didn't care, she dashed as he continued calling her name and it got closer, reaching up with her

"Felicity!"

"Felicity please, "

God, he was here...

It couldn't be true...

__________________________________

            vote and comment