18. Beautiful

Chapter 18

Felicity heartbeat took in rapid turn when she recalled the face, she was horrified to feel her cheeks burn, "Luke," she breathed in surprise,

God hell she had forgotten that the devil had a brother, it was years since she had seen Luke Matthews,  she had heard only great things about him, just as she expected when he had helped her the day she turned eight, picking up the oranges with her, she knew he was an every girls dream, handsome and a true honourable gentleman,  how could she forget?

He was her first crush ever.

Now he was smiling at her, the perfect gentleman as she recalled, his blonde hair and smiling green eyes could make one wonder how he could ever be related with Asher Matthews, and till this day Felicity hadn't gotten answers.

"Quit glowering, its making me nauseous," their gaze broke off by the interruption of Asher, just like him to interfere in everything, "Why hadn't I been informed that you had found your childhood best friend, Asher" Luke watched him now.

They but said in union, "Were not best friends!"

"We never were" Felicity hastily pointed in, Luke smirked, "Prey tell what you two were doing lurking around the empty halls, and why had everyone spoken something about punches being thrown," just as Felicity was about to tell who bloody hell threw those punches she felt the daggering warning glare from Asher who spoke before her, "Brother, every ball comes with entertainment, now have you found what you where here for?"

It seemed like they were talking in codes Felicity noticed, then Luke's gaze fell back on hers, in a deep intense way, for some reason she didn't feel anything knowing that she would had if it had been about eighteen years ago when she bore that crazy crush, "I might have," he muttered before continuing, "Ms. Lawrence I must say you have turned into a beautiful lady,"

The flattery made her flutter and her cheeks heated, god she most look like a tomato right now, hadn't they seen her freckles? The powder her mother told her to use was no great help, but they haven't seen it had them?

Asher flickered his gaze between them and gritted his teeth, "Brother, I must convince you to buy spectacles any time soon, I am afraid your sight is turning worse" the spiteful words made Felicity's chest tighten but she ignored it with a puff, deep inside though she felt her stomach drop and her once happy feeling squashed, Luke's scoffed, "prey tell brother, I believe my sight is perfectly compelled, although yours I cannot say the same now that your stating Felicity Lawrence isn't a beauty, I wager any man found your comment untrue,"

Felicity cut in, "You do not have to stand up for me, Mr. Matthews, quite frankly I am immune to Mr. Matthews remarks and words, now if you will excuse me," that was a total lie, she had told herself for years that she was immune, then why did Felicity felt like fleeing, she couldn't stand the sight of him, she felt her whole body shake both in anger and hurt and every emotion there were. It was only eleven summers ago when he had kissed her deeply, calling her the most beautiful girl, showering her with love so full she had never even felt an ounce of it again, and he had to bring up the memories stating that they once were a pair,

To her utter regret, how could she have been naïve enough to believe a single word of his. And there she was all those years thinking what would happen if she hadn't listened to her mothers words, if perhaps sixteen year old her had spoken.

She was about to gather her gown but felt the grip of his hand against her wrist, "Where are you going?" she could hear the calm for the first time in his voice,

He had no right to ask that, he knew it, his jaw clenched as he waited for an reply, her eyes held his coldly, and with silence note he knew she meant for him to let go, but he didn't do that, holding a duel eye contact now that burned,

"Is there something I haven't been informed about? Why am I getting this feeling that you two hadn't stumbled upon each other today like me?----" Luke muttered looking between them,

They didn't answer him, both in mutual hostility of glaring eyes like they were in a world of their own, until Felicity broke that spell and met Luke's confused gaze, "Your wrong, I have not meet your brother before, today was the first since long, if you will excuse me," and this time she didn't wait for his hand to leave hers, she jerked away and fled from them,

Her eyes was burning and she felt the warmth liquid now against her cheeks, she didn't know where she was going thanks to this huge castle place, her mother would kill her for smudging the powder, but to hell with it, she had to find Amelia.

Asher Matthews had officially destroyed her life once again, this time at finding the unsuitable husband, he had to knock Lord Hartwick cold had he?, he had to interfere, he had to be here out of all the places in the whole world!

Just as she was about to have enough of searching she saw Amelia at the corner of the ballroom, associating with wealthy looking ladies, then she met her distressed gaze and excused herself, "My dear, what had happened?"

"Nothing, I am afraid that a headache has taken me, would you be alright if we departed?"

"No not at all, wait for me I will inform our chaperone and footman," Amelia smiled reassuringly making felicity nod and stand just a shadow away from the glittering ballroom, where everyone seemed to have a blast, dancing joyfully and sharing conversations while she was miserable now wanting nothing else but to leave and never come back,

Suddenly she felt the presence of someone behind her, "Forgive me," the words was so soft that she was afraid she hadn't heard it, but she felt it, against her exposed neckline,

Not daring to turn she jutted her chin forward completely ignoring him, he seemed to gather that at least and said curtly,  "I expect you Monday sharp 7'oclock" and just as quick and grim he said those words he departed away from her.

________________________________

                       Vote and comment