I'll Give Her Hope

Everything was a bit difficult to get into again.  The apartment was amazing now and Mark and I had rooms that faced each other and were sound proofed for our recording.  He even put a window with soundproof glass so we could spy on each other, but after he joked he said it was so he could keep an eye over me and I could do the same for him to make sure nothing bad happened as the rooms were severely soundproofed.  Most would have thought the creepy spying excuse was the real one, but I wasn't bothered about the joke and was kind of relieved to have the window.

I had picked up my channel again and my viewers were so happy to see me again that some of my videos had to have the comments disabled after a few days as the comments were causing lag.  Being back in my element felt so relaxing that I almost forgot about what happened only months ago.  The only reminder I had was some headaches every now and then from where they had to mend some of my skull back together, but even those were becoming less and less frequent these days.

Smiling and cracking my knuckles, I hummed happily and spun from my chair to my door by pushing off from my desk, making a small 'oof' noise as I bumped into something. I looked over the back of the chair to see Mark rubbing his hip as that is what the chair hit but he was smiling sheepishly.  He had pink hair now and it was beginning to fade, and I could hear the commotion of his editing and video friends down the hall, our roommates.

"You got in the way of my speed!" I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest and Mark just laughed.

"Is that what I did now? I'm sorry, hun, I was just coming in to see if you would like to go out on a nice dinner with me. It has been a while since I have doted on you." He spoke in his deep, gentleman-like voice and I just smiled up at him and giggled.

"Just nice or fancy, meaning I need to dress up?" I asked as my kiwi eyes locked with his chocolate orbs.

"Dress up, baby.  I put what to wear on your bed for you. Our reservation is in two hours so you might want to start getting ready." Mark said softly and I nodded before thinking.

"Wait, if you had reservations, why did you ask me if I wanted to go out?" I was curious and he just smiled.

"While I would hate for you to say no, if you had, I would have canceled them and planned something for home instead." He said softly before giving me a kiss and gently leading me to the bathroom. "Go get yourself all dolled up for me, dearest. I have big plans." He whispered in my ear and I shivered, nodding and going into the bathroom.

After I washed up and toweled off and styled my hair which had grown out to about the middle of my back into loose curls,  I finished my make-up, light nude lip gloss and brown to black smoky eyes with winged eye liner to make my kiwi eyes pop out dramatically.  When I was satisfied ans I cleaned up any mistakes, I headed to my room where there was a dress waiting for me on my bed with a necklace next to it.