Serpants in the Branches

After a while of laying in Mark's arms, someone knocked on my door and I looked confused before getting up to answer it. It was a male with a package that he had me sign for, which I used a fake name and just scribbled something down in cursive that wasn't mine. Mark was looking over my shoulder and I could sense his confusion, though thankfully he didn't voice or show it.

When I received the box, I brought it inside, slamming the door quickly into the delivery guy's face.

"Ok, what was that all about?" Mark asked, a bit confused as my kind nature went sour towards the male who I hoped was gone by now.

"That's how my ex found me one time. He sent boxes of small items to my whole neighborhood until he found me. Even had the delivery guy take a picture of me and well.... You saw how that ended when you saw the left side of my face." I whispered as I opened the box, finding a small bracelet and a letter. I was shaking as I looked at the bracelet with wide eyes, not daring to touch it. Mark looked confused and walked over and looked into the box.

"What is it? Oh! That's a pretty bracelet. " He muttered, about to reach in and grab it but I stopped him by grabbing his wrist.

"Don't, Mark..." I whispered while grabbing the letter, opening it and read in silence as I went to sit down.

Hello my property,
Heh, you really thought I wouldn't find you!? That's cute, Ihzabella, very cute. Well, obviously if you receive and read this, you know I found you and am actually in town. You left this when you left Massachusetts, the only thing I gave to you, and I will say I am very upset and when I get to you, you WILL be SEVERELY punished. That I can assure you, and I will enjoy every second of it.
Fair warning to you, I will not be happy if I see another man around you. You are MINE and you always will be.
I'll see you soon,
Damien

I was shaking terribly by now and Mark sat down next to me, gently taking the note from my hand as he began to read it. I saw his face get red with every line he read before he stood up, grabbed the box and the note and threw it out my door and over the balcony into a puddle on the bottom floor.

"I need my phone..." I muttered softly as I stood and went to grab my device, going through my contacts until I found Mary's number and called. It rang three times before Mary picked up.

"Pahn, what's up?" Mary asked as she knew I didn't call often unless I needed something. I tried to calm myself down enough to speak but couldn't form words as they stuck in my throat.

"Mary... help..." Was all I could mutter before Mark took my phone and put it up to his hear.

"Mary? Ken's Mary I take it. Hey it's Mark. I'm not sure what happened, but this guy named Damien who seems to be mentally disturbed mailed a package to Ihzzie and she's here in tears. He was stating in this note how she'll be punished and what not and she can't calm down. I think she wants you and Ken over here. Minx is there? Well I guess bring her too, we will probably need all the manpower we can get when it comes to this guy as you even sound alarmed. Alright, see you guys in a few minutes, I'll be here with Ihzzie." Mark stated calmly before ending the call with Mary and picking me up. I squeaked softly and looked up at him as tears fell from my eyes and he just smiled.

"I don't know what's going on, Ihz, but you'll be alright, I promise you that. I won't let this guy get you, he doesn't deserve to have someone has good and big-hearted as you and I'll show him that if he doesn't understand a simple 'Go away', ok? So calm down, please?" His voice was pleading again and I couldn't help but wrap my arms around his neck as he held me sideways in his arms; almost bridal style; and hid my face into his neck.

Soon Mary arrived with a frantic Ken and a confused Minx. When they came through my door, Minx ran to me and gave me a big hug, stealing me from Mark's embrace and playfully glaring at him.