Chapter Three: Final Selection 1/2

(A/N- Sorry this one is quite short but there's going to be another part to it so just wait)    

 ★

Finally after 4 years of stressful training under Uzui-San and his wives I was going to the final selection. Hinatsuru made me onigiri to eat when I got hungry, meanwhile Suma was crying saying that she doesn't want me to die and Makio saying to Suma that I wasn't going to die because I was trained by her. Uzui-San just gave me Nichirin Dual Cleavers for my battles.

I have finally arrived at the sight that the final selection was being held. I was the last one there. There were a lot of other people who held katanas, me being the only one with quite big Dual Cleavers, was getting some attention.

There were only four people who stood out to me. A black to red hair boy with a scar on his head, a black haired girl who had butterflies all around her, another boy with bright yellow hair and finally a boy with buzz cut and with only a small clump of messy black hair left to grow on the top of his head. He also had a large, jagged scar that ran over his right cheekbone from his ear and to over his nose.

They all seemed to be around my age (A/N- Yumi here is 16 if you need to know). Suddenly two girls who seemed like twins came out. They were wearing purple kimonos and green obis. One girl had white hair and the other had black hair, both of them had purple eyes with white pupils.

"Everyone...We thank you for coming here tonight. To the Demon Slayer Corps Final Selection." They both said in sync.

"There are demons imprisoned here on Mt. Fujikasane, captured alive by the Demon Slayer swordsmen, and unable to leave." Said the girl with white hair.

"That is because of the wisteria, which demons hate so much, blooms even out of season from the bottom to halfway up the mountain." The black haired girl said.

"However, there is no wisteria from this point on, and so demons abound."

The girls were saying one after another.

"You'll need to survive here for seven days to pass the Final Selection."

"And now, be on your way." They said as they bowed.

I was waiting a few minutes after I got here thinking I was the last one

I was waiting a few minutes after I got here thinking I was the last one. Then a girl with hot pink hair that was tied up in a braid, she had yellow eyes, and was wearing a dark blow haori with a short kimono that just went down her knees, appeared. She was the only one with Dual Cleavers which was interesting, she smelled of determination and confidence. I wonder if I'll ever see her again. But for right now I have to focus and find some answers to my questions about how to turn a demon back into a human for my sister, Nezuko.

✧Makio gave Yumi one of their old kimonos that Hinatsuru stitched up to fit her

✧Although none of them could see, Uzui was quite nervous for Yumi. He already had plans to show that she was his Tsuguko to his master and the other Hashiras. (He wanted to show off because the other Hashiras did not have their Tsugukos yet, other than Shinobu.)

✧Yumi had dyed her hair brown because her father did not want to hear the other villagers saying that his deceased wife cheated on him. 

Word count: 596