Chapter Eighteen: A demon spotted!

"It's already sunset. Where is Ayako?" The chaperon of House Ogimoto said to one of the oirans.

"I have no idea. Maybe Inoko-Chan knows." The oiran responded.

"Then go ask her!"

The oiran ran as fast as she could to Inoko's room. She opened the door to reveal a man who was carrying two katanas with a boar head mask on him. The oiran yelled in shock at what was in front of her.

The man then went on about a demon and kicked down the door.

There was a man sitting seiza style, clucking on a bloody purple haori.

"What happened to Zenko and Hinatsuru." There was Uzui behind the man pointing a kunai at the man's throat.

The man widened his eyes as he felt something sharp near his neck.

"Give me the short version. And don't even think about asking questions."

The man started to sweat a lot. "Zenko just disappeared. Hinatsuru fell ill and was sent away."

"Tell me everything that might be relevant. Who is it that you suspect? You can trust me." Uzui then puts the kunai away from the man.

The man let out a breath that he was holding.

"You have my word that I'll kill whoever it is. I'll get revenge for you."

The man started to tear up. "It was the oiran who's name is Warabihime. You'll find her on the northside, she lives in the room that has no light."

Soon after he finished that sentence he was knocked unconscious.

'Better safe than sorry.' Yumi thought as he looked at the man. Then she went to follow Uzui.

...

Once they got to the northside they started opening doors.

'Not here. She must be looking for humans.' Uzui looked around the room. "So you said you heard something underground right Yumi?"

He looked at Yumi who was next door at the other room.

"I'm positive Uzui-San. I heard the demon shuffling down the walls in the Ogimoto House."

They soon went on the roofs of the buildings.

"Then go search there while ill head for Hinatsuru while trying to pinpoint the demon's presence. I'm sure that there is at least two of them."

Yumi looked at Uzui and nodded. 'Im sure that Inosuke-Kun and Tanjiro didn't leave, at least not yet. I'm sure that at least one of them has found a demon.' She thought to herself. "I'll be going on my way, I'm sure you'll be able to hear if I have found anything." She then jumped from roof to roof in a flash to the Ogimoto House.