Chapter Twenty-One: A Big Blur

"Yumi, don't worry about me! Help the others, I'll take care of this one!" Uzui said, implying to help Inosuke and Zenitsu to fight the female demon.

"I got it!" Yumi shouted.

Everyone went everywhere, they all got paired up. Inosuke, Yumi, and Zenitsu went to kill the female demon, while Tanjiro and Uzui went to kill the male demon.

They were trying very hard to defeat the demons. Until the male demon, Gyutaro, attacked Hinatsu and took her hostage.

...

Yumi saw this from the corner of her eye and quickly threw a kunai at Gyutaro. That distracted him enough for Tanjiro to cut off his hands and rescue Hinatsu.

'That was pretty fast, man. Even though he shouldn't be able to move that fast. And that girl...' Gyutaro took a stance and headed straight to Tanjiro, ready to kill him.

Luckily, Uzui came just in time to make Gyutaro stop for just a second giving Yumi a chance to slice off his feet in a clean cut. But of course being an Uppermoon has its perks. He instantly regenerated. He tried to attack again but Uzui was fast and took him down to the ground.

'I have to go back and help Inosuke-Kun and Zenitsu-Kun!' Yumi looked over where she heard Inosuke and Zenitsu.

They were still fighting the female demon, Daki. But they were getting overwhelmed.

Yumi was blown away off the roofs of the buildings. She stood up and saw the events following. Inosuke decapitated Daki's head, but it was too early to celebrate, Gyutaro somehow got to impale Inosuke with his sichles. She looked at where Uzui should have been fighting Gyutaro, to see him lying motionless on the ground. Soon she heard Zenitsu yell at Tanjiro as soon as she turned her head towards them the building collapsed.

With everything that had happened in such a short time, she started to breathe heavily. Her eyesight started to go red, her heart pounding. She heard every particle of dust flying, she tasted blood from her biting her lips in nervousness, she felt all the heat of the fire surrounding her, she saw Tanjiro and Zenitsu on the ground. One thing she didn't notice was her ears, they started to have a pattern colored white. Those patterns started spreaded all the way to her neck. Soon, she blacked out.

"Noooooo! Don't die! Please Tengen-Sama! Yumi!"

Yumi woke up to the sounds of Suma's crying.

"We all managed to stay alive!! And we won!! No, nooo!!" She cried more.

"What can we do about the poison? The antidotes aren't working!!" Makio stated worryingly.

"You're so cruel, gods! So cruel!" Hinatsuru cried.

"What's going on?..." Yumi managed to choke out.

They had wide eyes, and started crying more.

"Yumi!!" They all shouted.

"What happened?" Yumi looked at everyone.

"What do you mean?! You don't remember?! You cut off the female demon's head! You were so fast! You used a lot of explosions and kunai! You..."

While they were explaining what she did, Nezuko came up to Uzui and Yumi and lit her pink flames.

Hinatsuru, Suma, and Makio started panicking.

But Uzui and Yumi dismissed it, and said that the blotches of the poison were gone and even some scratches were healed and gone.

Tanjiro explained that Nezuko's flames heal people. Then he said that'll hell check the demon's head.

"Yumi." Uzui said in a serious tone.

They all looked at Uzui.

"Yes. Uzui-San."

"I have to retire, I can no longer hold my blades. You know what that means, right?"

"That means I have to replace you. As the new Sound Hashira."

"Yes. I understand."

Uzui broke the atmosphere with a kind smile. "Good luck Mimi".

Yumi started crying.

Word Count: 608