Chapter 7

The Secret Diary of Draco Malfoy: Aristocrat, Ne'er-do-Well, Rampant Homosexual.

Chapter 7: 2nd February – 13th February.

Tuesday 2nd February.

Dear Diary,

Well, it's been a pretty uneventful couple of days. Just going to class, practicing Quidditch, snogging Harry Potter...

Oh, I'm sorry, did I just say snogging Harry Potter? I think I did! Yes! Ha! I've been snogging Harry Potter!

I was beginning to think that it might never happen. It had been almost two weeks since Harry and I confessed our feelings for each other and I was starting to get this horrible feeling that he'd decided that it would just be too complicated to have a relationship with me. Poor Pansy has been subjected to more than one lament about the hopelessness of my situation. I have never been this patient in my life. I guess it just goes to show how much I wanted Harry.

Finally, I got an owl from him last night.

Dear Draco,

I'm so sorry I've kept you waiting all this time. I wouldn't be surprised if you've given me up as a lost cause. I need to talk to you – can you meet me at nine tonight at the top of the Astronomy Tower?

Harry.

Well, this produced an immediate feeling of complete and utter elation that Harry was finally ready to talk. However, this was quickly followed by a terrible attack of the nerves when I realised that he hadn't said anything in the letter about wanting to be together. Then I felt determined that I would win Harry over in spite of his fears. Then I felt defeated because I know that when Harry makes up his mind about something there's very little anyone can do to change it. Then I felt hungry. It was all very confusing, and I had to lie down.

Fortunately, Pansy was on hand to feed me cubes of chocolate and advise me on what I ought to wear. At first I thought of putting on my best shirt and the ridiculously expensive trousers I got in Paris last year, but then we decided that it wouldn't do for me to look like I'd made too much of an effort. I didn't want Harry to think I was expecting anything. Then I thought of wearing my silver shirt with my tight black trousers and my long velvet cape, but apparently that makes me look like a pimp daddy. Good to know, Pans. In the end, I put on my green cashmere sweater and the grey trousers I got just after Christmas.

I was really nervous, and I realised that my face had gone all red and sweaty. This made me start to hyperventilate, which made everything worse. Pansy had to hit me with my pillow a few times to calm me down.

When I finally got to the Astronomy Tower, Harry was already waiting. I was so nervous I could hardly stand up. I think I said something along the lines of "Meep!"

Harry smiled nervously. "Hi, Draco. I'm really glad you came."

I managed to find my voice again, though to my frustration it came out a bit high and wobbly, opposed to the manly growl I had in mind. "You... you wanted to talk to me, Harry?"

"You know what?" he replied, "I think we've done enough talking, don't you?" Then he walked straight up to me and kissed me.

It was everything I'd ever hoped for. Harry wrapped his arms around my waist and I buried my fingers in his hair, and we kissed like it was the end of the world. I was slightly nervous and I think I may have bitten his lip, but hopefully he just thought I did it on purpose to be all sexy.

Finally, we pulled apart. I think I said something like "Fanghad ephyngh."

"Helghest hoyishnggg," Harry replied.