Chapter 10

The Secret Diary of Draco Malfoy: Aristocrat, Ne'er-do-Well, Rampant Homosexual.

Chapter 10: March 17th – March 29th

Friday 19th March.

Dear Diary,

Well, if Harry thinks he's ever bottoming again, he's got another thing coming. What the hell was I so afraid of? I mean, it feels great, Harry is very sexy when he takes charge, and he always makes a big fuss of me afterwards because he knows how nervous I was the first time. I mean, what's not to love? Harry keeps going on about how he wants us to be equals and take it in turns and so on. Well, we'll see about that.

I have to admit, I am a little anxious about how sappy I've become. Even Crabbe and Goyle – not renowned for their observational prowess – have noticed. I keep mooning about the castle with a big grin on my face, humming love songs. Now, this is all well and good, but I'm a Slytherin, for Merlin's sake! I should be out there joining forces with mentally unstable overlords!

Worst of all, Harry and I have developed cute nicknames for each other. Fortunately, nobody knows about that except us. I can only imagine the battering my reputation would get if the school knew that the prince of Slytherin, Draco Malfoy, also goes by the alias of 'Blondie Pooh.' Dear lord, what on earth would my father say? Mind you, I don't think Harry would be too happy if people knew that I call him 'Snuggle Bear.' I know, I know, makes you want to barf. It would have made me want to barf a few months ago too. But... he's so cuddly and snuggly! See? That's exactly what I'm talking about! Oh God, I'm Slytherin-lite!

Right, well, I'm off. I have to meet Harry. And this time I'm going to insist that we have hard, rough sex. No cuddling, no cutesy names, nothing mushy. Well, maybe there can be a bit of cuddling. For Harry's sake, of course. He is a Gryffindor after all.

Sunday 21st March.

Dear Diary,

Harry and I went into Hogsmeade yesterday. I'm still working on Harry's style overhaul, but it's proving rather difficult. The problem is that he's really funny about letting me buy stuff for him. I argued that I don't really have a choice when he keeps saying that he's got better things to spend his own money on than clothes. Then he gets all huffy and says that I used to criticize Blaise for trying to change his style, and now I'm doing the same.

"Draco, you used to say that I should be with someone who liked me just as I am. What, was that all just a ploy to get me to split up with Blaise?"

"No, Harry! You'll notice that I'm not trying to coax you into leather jackets or satin shirts. I don't want to change you! I just think that your look could do with a little updating, that's all! You said yourself that you liked all the stuff I picked out."

"That's not the point! I just don't care about fashion. I'm comfortable in what I wear!"

"Of course you're comfortable! You could fit two people inside that sweater!"

"Ooh, care to test that theory?"

"Stop trying to change the subject!"

You see what I'm up against? How can it be that a Malfoy is going out with someone who doesn't care about fashion? He'll learn. It's just because he was brought up with only his gargantuan cousin's cast-offs to wear. And then he's spent the last six-and-a-half years with Weasley and Granger, who are clearly having some sort of competition wherein the one who collects the greatest number of unflattering garments wins.

He just needs to spend a bit more time with me, that's all. He needs to get his confidence up and realise how good he could really look if he wanted to.