Chapter 19

"Detka I promise you that I am fine. I will come back to you lyubov' moy." (my love)

"All right, go be the superhero that I know that you are my wonder woman." I could hear the smile in his voice, even if it was just his mental voice.

"Watch how you speak to me you little bitch!!" Is what I heard when I tuned back in to the basement in Spokane.

"Ohhh I'm just sooo scared. I'm sure that if my hands were free that they would be just trembling in pure fright, fear, and terror."

Christian and Mason snickered, and poor Mia looked scared, just as she should be. As for Eddie, well he was conscience but still wayyy too far out of it to even realize what was going on around him. Because he was still so filled with endorphins and had lost so much of his body's blood volume. He was in no way cognizant of what was going on around him in this room.

"Want to untie me so that we can look and see if my hands are actually shaking?" I asked shimmying my shoulders a little and making the guys snicker again.

"Do you really think that I am that fucking stupid?"

I paused for a moment, looking towards the ceiling as if I were pretending to contemplate his question. Then looking back at him, square in the eye, I replied. "Uhhh... yes?"

Now the guys were both full out howling with laughter. But as for poor little Mia, she still just looked completely terrified. She also looked stunned out of her mind that I would act like this with a strigoi, that I would have the nerve to dare and taunt them. But then she doesn't really know me very well, at least not yet. But since she is with my brother Eddie, she is going to have to get to know me a lot better very soon.

The threats and shit, from the strigoi, continued for at least another half an hour. Before the strigoi, who I come to find out was named Isaiah, started to leave the room again. But just before he did, he fed from Eddie again all while staring directly at me.

"I will drain them all dry, every single one of them one by one, and just as slow as molasses in the artic at CHRISTmas time. All while I force you to watch if you don't ask to be awakened very soon."

I scoffed at him and turned my head and looked directly at him with a confident smug smirk on my face.

"You know, I am just soooo worried about you doing that, that I need to do my nails. Do you happen to have a nail file and some nail polish handy? I actually prefer the color spitfire red for my nail polish. And either a red hombre colored glass fingernail file or a metal one; they both seem to work much better on my nails than the cardboard ones do for some reason. I think it is because they are much more durable. The cardboard ones just wear out to quickly for my tastes. It's like one use and they are just garbage." I shrugged and he just looked at me as though I had lost my ever-loving mind. Which, given the darkness, is a distinct possibility. But at this very moment in time, I am as sane as the next person.

But once again Christian and Mason roared with laughter. While Isaiah growled, spun on his heels, turned, and walked out the door slamming it as he went. But only after slapping me yet again. I swear that is getting as old as all of those rumors, lies, and gossip that the royals tell about me.

When he slammed the door to the room that we were all being held in in the basement. He slammed it so hard that not only did it and the surrounding wall quake and shake. But it caused such a massive cloud of dust and dirt to roll all around the wall, and to fall from the ceiling, that it filled the entire room for several moments.

"Spitfire red... really?" Mason laughed.

I shrugged. "Hey, what can I say, I am a spitfire."

"Yes, you are." Both of the guys replied as they nodded.