{Chapter 2}

Harry's POV:

The rest of the weekend was spent doing mom and I's usual mom and son stuff. The weekend was filled with ice cream, binge watching their favorite shows, and a lot of baking. We spent our time together at home most of the time since Harry gets recognized by people all the time when out in public so this gives him time away from the spotlight.

It was Sunday evening when Harry's driver showed back up at Anne's home to pick him up since he had work the next day. It was the usual procedure for a year now so no tears were spilt just a hug and a "text me when you get there" from Anne before Harry got in the blacked-out SUV and left the quiet suburban neighborhood to go back to the bright loud as hell city. The entire drive back Harry was stuck in his head about what his mom had said Friday night. She is getting married! I am still upset that she didn't tell me that she was even seeing someone. I decided that I would tell dad and we could see who this guy was.

We pulled into the underground garage and I got out of the blacked-out SUV to go to the personal elevator that only my father and I as well as Avenger team members can use. I know that dad is usually in the intern labs going over the files the interns turned in the past week so I go up to that floor. Once off the elevator, I was walking down the hallway when I, quite literally, ran into one of the main interns in charge, Chance. "Hey, Chance, do you know where my dad is?" Chance stopped walking for a minute and turned to me, "He left to go to his personal lab about an hour ago." Chance tells me. I nod at him in thanks before turning around and walking back to the elevator.

Before I could get back to the elevator though I heard someone running down the hallway and calling my name. I turn back to the sound and see the company's newest and youngest intern, Jackson, a few feet away from me breathing hard. "Hey J, what do you need?" I ask him. since Jackson was close to my age, he is seventeen, we were closer than boss and intern. We even hangout sometimes in the arcade on the upper floors of the tower and would sometimes work together on projects separate from the ones they did during work hours. After Jackson caught his breath he stood back up straight, "I know it's the weekend, but is there any way that you could look at my latest project?" he asked me. "Yeah! Let's go look at it." I say before putting my arm around Jackson's shoulders and walking to the lab where he does all his work.

It turns out the Jackson had a few things wrong with his project so we ended up working on it for almost three hours before it was time for Jackson to go home for the night so he could get enough sleep so he can go to school in the morning, so happy I don't have to do that anymore. I walked Jackson to the lobby to wave him goodbye.

After seeing Jackson off I went back to the elevator and took it all the way to my floor of the penthouse levels so I can go to my room. I didn't feel like going to the main penthouse floor where everyone always hangs out. I dropped my bag on to my bed and started to unpack. I threw my dirty clothes in the hamper, put my folders for work onto my desk, and putting my bag in my walk-in closet. While in the closet I chose to slip out of my day clothes and into a pair of sweat pants without a shirt. I decided to send a text to dad to tell him that I am in my room on my floor and that I am just going to chill out by myself tonight. Five minutes later I was lying in bed watching the first Harry Potter movie when my phone went off. It was a text from dad just telling me that he understands and to be on the main level of the penthouse at eight am, dressed in a suit, because we had meetings to attend in the morning.

Louis' POV:

I love the weekends! During the week, I'm always so stressed with school during the week that I love to have fun on the weekends and have some freedom for the two days a week that are not consumed by the giant brick building called school. After school on Friday my best friend Liam and I spent our afternoon at the mall before Liam came back home with me and spent the night. That was our usual Friday, mall then spend the night at one of each other's houses. Saturdays were usually spent at the skate park with our friends from school, eating lunch at the food trucks nearby, and finishing the day with riding our skateboards around the neighborhood with the sun setting making the sky turn different shades of pinks, blues, and oranges. Sundays are meant staying home for me. Sometimes Liam comes over to swim in the pool with me and sometimes it's just me by the pool. I'll do some laps, tan for a while, and do some reading. Sundays to me are just to relax and mentally prepare myself for the week.

It was almost seven o'clock when dad called me over to the patio for us to have dinner outside. Throughout our dinner dad and I took turns talking about our weekend because we haven't really spent time together since we have been doing our own thing, I swear the last time we saw each other was Thursday night at dinner. I told dad about the stuff I bought at the mall on Friday, the new trick I landed yesterday, the amazing tacos I had from the new food truck in the parking lot by the skate park, and how I fell asleep by the pool for about two hours earlier today. Dad told me about how he had to work late on Friday so he could have the weekend off, the baseball game he played yesterday with his buddies from work and ended up winning against the other team, him going to see my grandparents today, how my grandparents enlisted his to clean out their garage. I laughed a bit at them putting him to work.

By the time we got done telling each other about our weekends we had finished all our food but continued to sit outside and enjoy the weather. That is when it happened. "Louis, I need to tell you something." Dad said while looking at me nervously. I just nod my head and give him my attention. "Well, do you remember me telling you that I started seeing someone about six months ago?" he questioned me carefully. I just nodded my head again since I could tell he had more to say. "There is no other way to say this. I asked her to marry me......and she said yes."

3rd Person POV:

Louis stares at his father for a few moments before registering what he said. "WHAT?!?" Louis yelled out. "I know it might seem soon son but I love her and we are getting married." Alec told his son softly. Louis took a minute to digest the information before looking his father in the eyes to see if he could read him. all Louis saw was pure love for the women he was now engaged to. He knew his father had been lonely for since his mother left them when Louis was only two years old. Louis in that second decided he wanted his dad to be happy, "That's amazing dad! I'm so happy for you!!" he said with a smile stretched across his face. Alec smiled maybe the biggest smile Louis had even seen his dad have on his face. "but I do want to know about this woman since you never told me anything about her other than that her name is Anne." Louis told his dad with a smile still resting on his face. Can't blame Louis for wanting to know more about the woman who will now be in not only his dad's life but his as well. "Okay! Her name is Anne Twist and she is thirty-four years old. She is a fashion designer for brands like Gucci, Ralph Lauren, and Louis Vuitton. Her ex-husband, Tony Stark, is still in her life due to them sharing custody of their sixteen-year-old son, Harry Stark." Dad tells me the main facts about his new fiancée.

When he said she had a son and that son was none other than Harry Stark I started to get a little worried. I mean, what if he is just a stuck-up snob since his parents are rich? Harry is known around the world to be as smart as his dad, what if he makes fun of me for not knowing everything he does? Harry is one of the hottest guys on the planet, what if he makes fun of me for the way I look and calls me ugly or fat and bullies me? I start to make myself scared with all the 'what ifs?' and I think dad sees that and starts to speak again. "Harry is only around on the weekends since during the week he help his dad run Stark Industries since he is the heir of the company. Anne has also told me that even though he does enjoy the money and fancy things he gets that he is still a down to earth kid and acts like any other teenager when he is with her." what Louis' dad said did make him calm down a little bit. Louis send his dad a small smile in thanks which Alec responded with his own.

"Are you okay with this, Louis?" Alec asked his son. Louis looked up from his hands to be able to look at his father with a hint of a smile, "Yeah, I'm okay. You deserve to be happy dad. It's been a long time since you have had a significant other in your life."

The father son duo cleaned up their dishes from dinner and took them to the kitchen to put in the dishwasher. Louis and Alec shared a hug and said goodnight before going to their respective bedrooms. Alec spent the next hour texting with Anne, each telling each other how their sons took the news of the engagement and their future plans until they had to say goodnight so they can get enough sleep to be able to go to work in the morning. Louis made sure all his school stuff was in his bookbag before stripping down to his underwear and climbing into bed to spend the next twenty minutes thinking about how his life is going to change with a genius and famous stepbrother.

IMPORTANT:
I will be updating all stories at the same time from now on. New chapters out every other sunday night!