{Chapter 23}

3rd Person POV:

For the weeks following the news of Anne trying to take Harry, everything changed. Harry ignored Louis' calls and text for a few days before blocking his number. Anne ignored Tony's warning about leaving Harry alone but Harry ignored her calls and texts as well as not going to her house on the weekends.

Harry, still not understanding how to deal with his emotions, throws himself into work to the extent that it even starts to worry Tony and Pepper as well as the other heroes living in the tower. Pepper had to have FRIDAY do reminders for Harry to make him remember to eat and sleep in his own bed. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't so Steve and Natasha had to start dragging him out of his lab daily so he didn't get ill.

It had been three weeks since the incident when Zayn stopped by and managed to get Harry showered and cleaned up so they could go shopping, with almost a dozen bodyguards in tow. Unknown to anyone Alec got in contact with Niall and Liam to talk about the two of them and Louis going into the city to hangout and get Louis out of the house since he hadn't left his room since the night of the incident. Liam and Niall agreed and showed up twenty minutes later to force Louis out of bed to get ready also.

Harry and Zayn decided to do actual shopping since they had an event coming up while Louis, Liam, and Niall just went to eat and window shop since none of them had a lot of money. Louis, Liam, and Niall were all walking down the sidewalk when they noticed there were a group of paparazzi surrounding someone a little further down the block. Not seeing celebrities often, the three walk closer to the growing crowd to try and get a peek at who it could be.

At first they couldn't see anyone, but then Niall looked through the store window. "Guys we should just go. Probably not someone super important." he said. Liam saw that Niall had looked through the window and decided to peek too and saw why Niall suddenly wanted to leave. "Yea, maybe you're right. We have better things we can do instead of just standing here." Liam said. Louis on the other hand didn't feel the same way and started getting suspicious of how his friends suddenly wanted to leave. He got even more suspicious of the two when he saw that they were trying to block the little bit of window that isn't blocked by the paparazzi. "Maybe you're right." Louis said, acting like he agreed with Liam and Niall but once they let their guard down and moved Louis took his chance to go to the window. He then saw why his friends were trying to get him to leave, inside the store was Harry and another guy shopping together with a lot of bodyguards walking around the inside of the store.

It hurt Louis to see Harry after what happened that night at their parents' house. Without realizing it tears began to fall from Louis' eyes. Liam saw this and immediately pulled Louis into a comforting hug as his tears continued to fall. "Come on bud." Liam says after a few minutes and started directing Louis away from the store with an arm around his shoulders. As they started walking away Louis decided to take one last look at Harry and almost like he could feel Louis' special stare he looked up from the shirt he was holding to lock eyes with the crying boy. The two stared at each other for a few seconds before a wall blocked their views of each other.

Liam and Niall directed a zoned out teary eye Louis to a pizza shop down the block to give him somewhere to sit down and some food. When Harry lost sight of Louis he dropped the shirt he was holding and continued to stare at the window. Zayn noticed his friend's weird change after a minute and asked him what was wrong but he didn't get an answer. He asked again but still didn't get an answer. Zayn finally shook Harry out of his weird fog by literally grabbing his shoulders and shaking him, which thankfully worked.

"What happened to you man? You zoned out and weren't answering." Zayn questioned. "I... Nothing." Harry said, shaking his head before bending down to pick up the shirt he dropped. "Come on. I'm your best friend. Tell me." Zayn says. Harry sighed, "I saw Louis through the window." Harry had told Zayn about everything that happened between himself and Louis so Zayn knew who he was talking about. "Sorry dude." he said, giving Harry a pat on the shoulder before trying to distract Harry with the clothes in front of them. Harry did continue the shopping spree but wasn't as interested as he was before and constantly kept looking towards the window to see if Louis had shown back up outside.

After Harry and Zayn were done at that store they went to three more before calling it a day and going back to the tower to play video games until the early hours of the morning. Louis, Liam, and Niall ended up doing a little more window shopping after eating then going to the candy store before heading back to Louis' house to eat all of the candy they had just bought and watch horror movies until they one by one fell asleep.