Chapter 27

Saturday for Harry and Louis was a fun day in the backyard pool. For the first half of the day the two went back and forth between swimming and sunbathing just enjoying their time together after being apart for two months. They talked basically the whole time talking, like they hadn’t left each other at all.

Anne and Alec were in their shared office answering work emails until shortly after lunch when they decided to get changed into their bathing suits to join the boys. The four had a great time, even at one point playing chicken with Louis on Harry’s shoulders and Anne on Alec’s. The boys ended up winning the first three rounds but decided to let their parents win the last round. After a while the parents got out to start making dinner, Alec turning on the grill before going inside to start seasoning the food and Anne started to prepare the sides when the boys said they wanted to eat out on the deck for dinner.

Dinner was spent with the family of four laughing and sharing jokes together with Harry and Louis once again doing the clean up. They then joined their parents in the living room for a short movie with popcorn and snacks before going up to their room for the remainder of the night. Once upstairs Harry let Louis take a shower first after Harry checked his phone seeing he had two texts and a missed call from his dad. After hearing Louis turn the shower on Harry called his dad back. Tony had been worried and wanted to check on him to see how his stay at his mom’s house was going.

Sunday Harry and Louis only left their room for snacks but otherwise stayed locked up in their room playing video games, watching movies, and cuddling in bed. Alec and Anne didn’t bother them, feeling that their sons needed a day just the two of them to reconnect before Harry had to leave after dinner later that evening. Both Louis and Harry were upset at Harry having to leave so soon but promised they would call and text throughout the week, maybe see each other at some point if Harry’s schedule allowed it but they didn’t want to give their hopes up with all of the meetings he had to attend and interns he needed to help during the upcoming week.

Bradley showed up shortly after dinner like usual. He waited downstairs while Harry went up to the bedroom to collect his bag with Louis following him. The two shared a tight hug and a quick peck on the lips before making their way back downstairs. Anne gave Harry a hug and kiss on the cheek goodbye while he and Alec shared a handshake and a few parting words. Before leaving out the door Harry gave one more goodbye hug to Louis before leaving to get in the vehicle to make his way back to the tower.

Upon arriving back at the tower Harry went up to the Avengers common floor instead of his own. He was welcomed back by Bruce, Steve, Bucky, Natasha, and his dad, hugs, high fives and fistbumps were given to the young genius as he made his way to sit by his father on the couch. “So, how did it go?” Natasha asked. “Great. Louis and I made up, we hung out in the pool, mom and Alec joined us later on, had steaks, and just all spent time together basically.” Harry told the group of heroes, leaving out the part about spending the whole day in bed with Louis for obvious reasons. “That’s good. I thought it was going to be awkward your first time going back.” Bruce chimed in. “Me too. Luckily it wasn’t and it all went smoothly. How was your weekend though?” Harry said before moving the topic off of himself. “Nobody tried to end the human race so I think it went pretty well.” Tony answered his son’s question. Harry got a good laugh out of that.

The group continued to talk for almost another hour before everyone separated to their own quarters to get ready for bed. Harry took a shower before laying down in bed texting Louis and reading one of his books. Harry and Louis stayed up texting until two o’clock in the morning before they finally said their goodnights and headed to bed, both with smiles on their faces thinking about the other.