Chapter 8-Flowers

Rose's POV

I heard my phone alarm and reached over Josh to get to it as he groaned. I squealed as he wrapped his arms around me and flipped up to that he was hovering over me,

"How dare you wake us up this early on a sunday Rosie," He said before tickling my side and covering my face in kisses as I giggled,

"I'm sorry! I forgot to turn it off!" I said as I tried to push him away. He finally showed mercy and rolled over on his side next to me, pulling me against him, spooning me. I found my phone in the sheets and pulled down my notification screen. I had at least 15 messages from Danny, begging to talk to me, to apologize, asking if I was ok, etc.

"I hate to say it, but I think you should talk to him," Josh whispered as he placed his lips on my shoulder, closing his eyes again.

"I will when I know what I want to say," I said as I shut off the screen and tossed my phone to the end of the bed.

"Maybe hearing what he has to say would help with that." he mumbled,

"I guess so, but right now I just want to go back to sleep." I said as I pulled his arm tighter around my waist. "Is that ok with you?"

"Absolutely." he said as he pressed a soft kiss behind my ear before nuzzling into my neck as we both fell back asleep.

Hours later Josh was light shaking me, so I woke up and turned to him,

"Someone is knocking at the door," He said as he stood up, still in just his boxers.

"I wonder who it is, I'm not expecting anyone." I said as I sat up in the bed,

"I have a pretty good idea of who it might be," Josh huffed as he walked to the living room to answer the door, "Mind if I check it out?"

"Sure," I shouted as I stayed in my spot. I heard the front door open and the mumbling of them talking, and then the front door closed. Josh walked back into my room, holding a bouquet of beautiful flowers and a envelope. "What is this, who was it?" I said reaching out and taking the flowers and the envelope as Josh sat next to me on the bed. My face lit up as I looked at them, no one had ever gotten me flowers before.

"That was Danny, he asked me to give these to you," He said, sounding slightly defeated, "I asked if he wanted to come in and he said he didn't want to impose, so he left." I nodded as I started to open the envelope. "I'm going to go raid the kitchen for something to eat, want anything?"

"No thanks, I'll be there in a second" I said as Josh disappeared through the doorway.

I pulled the note out-

Rose, I'm sorry that I overstepped the night of the show. If I am being completely honest I think I have feelings for you, and I want to be more than friends with you. I know you have told me over and over that you're not interested in that, but I think you might just be scared. I would really love a chance to show you how it would be if we were more than friends, I'd love to take you out on a real date. I know you are going out with Josh, and that could definitely complicate things, but I just need a chance. I understand if your answer is no, and if it is I'll drop it and never ask again, but I'm confident I can make you as happy as you make me, I'd at least like to try to.

-Danny

I read it a few times, pondering the words as I folded it and placed it on my nightstand. I felt my mind racing again. I really, really liked Josh, but I also knew deep down that I also could see myself with someone like Danny. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a small crush on him. I took a deep breath as I tried to calm my thoughts, then I remembered what Josh taught me. I crossed my legs, put my hands on my knees and started taking deep breaths. After a few minutes I heard the floor creak, so I opened my eyes. Josh stood in the doorway holding 2 cups of coffee,