Chapter 31- Not Strong Enough

Picking up where last chapter left off

Danny's POV

"Are you sure you're up for all this today?" I asked. We were supposed to go to her book reading, and then we also had a show tonight.

"You had a rough night, you don't want to overdue it" Josh chimed in as he put his hand on her thigh.

"I'll be fine. I will let one of you know if I start feeling bad. Plus at both events all I will be doing is sitting." She reassured us. Josh and I both nodded as we finished lunch. After we were done Josh told her bye and was off to help Sam and Jake get everything set for the show that was later. Now I sat in her room, watching her pick out an outfit she felt would 'work' for both the book reading and the show.

"How about this?" She asked as she turned around. All of her clothes were starting to fit a little looser. She was wearing a simple black bodycon dress with an oversized denim jacket over it. The necklace I had gotten her for christmas adorning her neck.

"I think you look hot" I said with a smirk,

"You say that every time" she laughed as she walked over, standing between my legs. I pulled her into my lap,

"Because It's true" I said with a smile as she leaned down and kissed me.

"Oh whatever" She said as she playfully shoved me, trying to get up. "I need to do my makeup". She giggled as I pulled her back into my lap, "Danny!"

"Just let me hold you for a second" I said as I pulled her closer, brushing my nose against her cheek. She obliged and moved my hair over my shoulder, wrapping her arms my neck and pulling me closer. I just wanted to hold her forever.

"You should wear your hair up tonight, I love it when you do" She said as she pulled it into a makeshift ponytail with her hands. I just leaned in and kissed her, sighing deeply as I pulled away, "Can I please go do my makeup now so we aren't late?"

"Finee" I groaned as I let her go. I stayed in my spot, watching her stand on her tippy toes to look in the mirror. Once she was finally ready we made sure she had all her medications in her bag and we headed out the door. I toyed with my necklace as I drove to the book store. I was worried she would be overdoing it today, and I was also nervous about the call she'd be getting from the doctor.

"I know we haven't finished this book yet, but I'm so excited to get the next one" She said excitedly, "Do you think she will stay after and talk to fans?"

"I'm not sure, this is my first book signing" I laughed,

"I guess thats true" She smiled as she put her hand on my leg. We found a parking spot at the bookstore and she basically dragged me inside. We found a seat close to the front and sat down. She listened intently as the author read an excerpt from the new book. Once the author was done she let everyone know they could stand in line to get the new book signed and speak with her. Rose grabbed my hand,

"You go angel, I'll be right here" I laughed as she nodded starting to make her way past the seats. She then abruptly stopped, hurrying back and pulling me into a quick kiss, surprising me

"Thank you so much for this" She said before turning and heading for the line. I huffed a laugh at the fact that she was so excited. I watched as she waited in line, she turned to me when there was only one person in front of her and a huge smile spread on her face as she excitedly bounced in her spot. I just gave her a thumbs up and a smile. She was unbelievably cute. The person in front of her moved and she stepped forward. She was beaming as she animatedly talked with the author. After a few minutes the book was signed and handed to her. She held it to her chest as she walked back towards me, that big grin still on her face.