Chapter 25-Bliss

Danny's POV

We had spent most of the day in bed, snuggling and talking about everything but her being sick. In the hours after lunch I had noticed her rubbing her temples and keeping her eyes closed. I asked and she told me her head had started hurting so she decided to try one of her pills. About 30 minutes after she took it she was passed out in her bed. I looked at the possible side effects and lethargy was top of the list. I covered her with the comforter, she was always freezing now. I saw the necklace I had gotten her for christmas sitting around her neck. The yellow flower in it perfectly preserved in time. I thought back to how perfect and carefree that day had been, and it gave me an idea. I carefully slid out from the grip she had on me and walked into the living room. I pulled out my phone and started making calls. I looked at the clock, it was 4 now, she'd probably sleep a few more hours if I was lucky. I made all the calls I needed to and then waited. The first person to show was Sam, he brought in my guitar and a new book. I thanked him profusely as he left. The guys knew about Rose's condition and knew how much me and Josh loved her, they'd do anything for her at this point as well. Next I heard a knock at the door. I walked over and saw a taller girl with 2 space buns in her hair, holding 2 giant vases of flowers.

"Hi, I'm Allie, I have a delivery for Daniel?" She said with a big smile,

"Thats me, thank you so much" I said quietly, trying not to wake Rose, "Do you by chance have any extra flowers in your van? Ones that people didn't pick up or anything?"

"Let me go check," She sauntered off back to her van. When she reappeared she was carrying 2 more vases of flowers. "You can have these as well, I accidentally made to many for an event"

"Are you sure? How much do I owe you?" I asked, placing down the vases she had already handed me to get my wallet,

"You already paid for those two over the phone, and these are already paid for, don't worry about it." She said sweetly. I took the first two vases inside and then returned for the next two. "Have a good day!" She said with a wave as she walked back to her van.

"You too! thank you!" I said as I carried the next two vases inside. I got every cup Rose owned or anything that resembled a vase, separating a bunch of flowers into each one, spreading them all across the living room. There were so many different colors and kinds it closely resembled that day in the field with the wildflowers. I grinned to myself the more I thought back to that day. I had some time before the food was going to arrive so I walked into Lucas's room and raided the bed of pillows and made a pillow pallet on the floor, all the flowers surrounding it. I got a comforter from the closet and covered the pillows, I wanted it to be as comfy as possible. I turned on the tv and found one of those nature channels that was of a national park or something where it showed the sunset live. Sure it was super cheesy, but she had loved the sunset that day, and I remember it vividly in my mind. Close to 6 o'clock I heard another knock at the door, right on time. I went over and opened the door to see burgers and fries from our favorite little diner. She couldn't have wine with her medication so I'd find something else for us to drink. I looked in the pantry and found an extra sparkling grape juice left over from either christmas or new years, perfect.

"Oh my gosh?" I heard suddenly, I turned on my heels and saw Rose looking over the living room. Her eyes were wide and her jaw had dropped. "Danny.." She started as she looked to me. I could feel my cheeks burning as I tried to hide my toothy grin,

"I just, I thought back to our first date, and how perfect it was and I wanted to relive it with you" I said softly as I walked over and wrapped my arms around her middle, bending forward so my head was on her shoulder. She was still silent as she glanced around, but now she had a smile on her face. "Do you like it?" I whispered as I nuzzled my nose against her cheek.