018. sharks and sanemi

"Woah, you look just like them, Sanemi." You touched the glass pane, following a small shark as it swam across your vision. The male was visibly irked by your comment but never made a complaint.

The two of you ended up approaching the shark section first after you proclaimed that it was best to meet Sanemi's look alike - he trailed your steps slowly, "I don't look like that, the fuck are you talking about?" He finally retorts.

"You do. You just don't want to admit it," he blinked feverishly, his eyes following your figure as you entered a glass tunnel where everything inside of the aquarium was visible to the eyes, "Hey, take a picture of me! Let's take a selfie too, I'll show them to Genya."

Sanemi grunted when you pulled his shirt towards the edge of the glass pane, you slithered an arm around his neck, pulling his face closer to your own as you clicked the shutter, "Genya's going to love these, why do you look so angry? Smile!"

The male pursed his lips into a thin line, his hardened gaze softening a little and he stared into the camera before you pressed the shutter at least three more times.

"Look, I caught the shark on camera," you pointed at the screen, pinching it lightly before zooming in, "Let's go see the otters."

He again followed you from behind, watching you push your body past people with a wide smile on your face. Sanemi made sure not to lose your retreating figure from his vision, and so he clamped his hand onto your wrist, "Slow down. The otters aren't fucking running."

You laugh, "I know. I'm just excited," he rolled his eyes letting you guide him towards the designated spot, "Look! Take a picture of me, quick," you shove your phone to him, "make sure the otters are in the frame!"

Sanemi smiled - no, he smirked, pressing onto the shutter of the camera as you posed various styles. He made sure to make a mental note of your command, though he was a sucker at taking pictures, he put an effort in doing so. Since your face was decorated with so much happiness, it would be a shame to not have good memories, no?

"You look like a fucking child," he cursed, switching your phone off.

"Your turn, go, I'll take the best picture for you. So you can show it to Genya," the mention of his brother made him sigh out exasperatedly.

Truth to be told, Genya had dropped a phone call earlier today, prompting that Sanemi should at least take good pictures to show to their lone mother, "Hey, make sure you take good pictures and send them to me, I want to see what the aquarium looks like! And mom's been asking for you, I can show her that too." The young boy said before he hung up.

"I don't need pictures of me," he gnarled, "just move on. I can take your picture and shit."

"No, we need your picture. Go on, or I'll leave you right here -" he kicked the ground, standing in front of the white colored railing, his hands shoved deep inside his pocket and his eyes averted to the side, "Look at the camera, do a pose or something, you look stiff!"

"Shut up and just take the damn picture!" He yells out in embarrassment once realizing that people had at least threw a stare or two at him.

"Do a peace sign, come on!" You pressed the shutter in a burst motion so that at least there would be choices made amongst many, "Okay, that's pretty good. You should try modeling."

He clicked his tongue, "Very funny." He mutters out through gritted teeth.

"Dolphins or should we go try looking for food? Are you hungry?" Sanemi huffed, nodding his head, "Good, cause me too, let's go," and then you were pulling on his arm yet again.

The food court was not too crowded much to your liking, and there were a lot of choices that stood out to you. Mainly things like pop corn, burgers, churros, and fast foods in general.

"Didn't you say you were craving hot dogs?" Sanemi questioned, his eyes stuck on a particular hot dog stand.

You were a little surprised that he remembered what you texted him a couple days ago, not even expecting that question, " I didn't really think you'd remember that stuff, but yes, I craved them," then it was his turn to pull you towards the stand.

He ordered for the both of you, "How much is it? Let me pay for it," you offered, and Sanemi was silent, he glanced at you; scrunching his nose lightly before taking out his own wallet.

"No." He declined just like that.

"What?"

"I said no, just eat the damn thing and let's go see the dolphins or whatever you want," he mumbles out, blinking slowly.

"I'll feel bad," you tell him.

"Don't be." He raised his voice lightly, walking towards a vacant seat, "You just . . . Have fun and let me do the paying and shit, when the fuck will we be able to do this kind of thing again?"

You shot him a smile, a little burst of euphoria spreading throughout your whole body upon hearing his words. Sanemi wasn't really known for his particularly "nice words" and though the choices of his words were harsh, you knew he meant well.

"Really? You aren't going to blackmail me for this, right?" You decided to tease him a little, but he saw right through you, shaking his head stiffly, "I don't know if you realized but that made me really happy. Since I've seen you as someone who's really mean."

"The fuck? Is that suppose to be a compliment or insult?"

You shrugged, "Both. Let's eat!"

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"I'm exhausted, today was a lot of fun!" You stretched your arm upwards, before plopping down onto the seat on the bus stop. Sanemi followed, sitting right beside you, "We took really good pictures, I should consider modeling, really."

The male snorted, "You? No way. You look like a child playing fashion show," his words enlightened you a bit.

"Did you have fun though?" You found yourself asking him as the bus stopped in front of the stop, people pouring out, "Before you answer that, let's get in first."

Sanemi climbed up the short stair of the bus. The sun was painted orange, and the sky was a mix of pink, blue, and orange; signifying how the day was about to come to an end.

"So, did you have fun today?" You pulled him down onto a seat.

"I guess." He answered curtly, shifting on the seat, "The sharks were funny . . ."

"Because it looked like you."

"It doesn't."

"It does. Thanks for going out with me today."

". . . Thanks for going out with me too." He mutters out in embarrassment.