025. chocolate chip cookies

"What do you mean you're sitting next to her? I called dibs first," Douma spat out, standing in front of Daki who was sitting right next to you.

"Shut up and sit down, the bus will be moving." Daki answered the male, hastily waving her arm his way.

"Bitch," he mutters out before throwing a small smile at you, waving happily. "I call for the seat next to her when we go back."

"Do you want food?" Daki offered to you, taking out what seemed to be cheese crackers.

You nodded.

"I have chocolate crackers - and red velvet, oh, I bought taiyaki earlier too." Daki said, rummaging through her sling bag. Now that we were on food, you rummaged through your whole bag.

Taking out a small clear plastic with exactly five pieces of chocolate chip cookies, "Here, I made these for all of you, I don't know if it's up to your taste but . . . you better like it." You spoke to her in a joking manner.

Daki widened her eyes, snatching the pack of cookies from you, "You made this for us? Like actually woke up and baked some cookies for us?"

You nodded.

"Cookies?" Gyuutaro popped from behind your seat, "I want cookies too."

You huffed at him, rolling your eyes, "I don't have one for you-" your words were barely finished when the male grabbed the plastic you were holding, muttering out a thanks, "You're welcome, I guess."

"Hey, this is great." Daki said whilst her mouth was busy chewing.

"Really? That's good news then, maybe I should try out for master chef . . ." Imagine the money.

"Where's mine? I want one too!" Douma yells out from the back of the bus, ignoring the looks he was receiving from the other passengers. If it weren't for Akaza shushing him, he would've continued shouting.

"Hey Kai," the male who had his earphone buds in promptly pulled them out, raising a brow at you in acknowledgement - a little confused at why Douma was grudgingly cursing from behind him, "Cookies?"

His eyes lit up for a few seconds and he thankfully took the one you were holding out to him, "Hey, thanks. You made these?"

Humming out, you poked the top of his head, earning his attention subtly, "Pass these to the back would you?" He narrowed his eyes as if he was thinking about it, but at the end, he nodded anyways. Helping you pass the small packets to the rest of the group.

A loud happy cheer was heard from Douma when he received the sweet treats.

"Your friends are missing out on a lot," Daki murmurs, glancing towards you. You chuckle at her, wondering if they were mad at you, and you even contemplated shooting them a text - but stopped yourself because you knew it would eventually exhaust you even more.

Maybe later.

"You think?" Daki nods her head a few times, "I'll text them later."

As much as Daki hated them, she knew they meant a lot to you and wouldn't want to stop you from doing that. And as much of a problematic student she's known to be, you were the first genuine friend she made after so long. Everything was so hard before you, she wanted to give you a soft life.

"You should," she replies. "Maybe you could bring some souvenirs? They would probably like that," she advises you.

"Why are you advising me on that? Don't you hate them?" Daki laughed at you, nodding her head in agreement. It confused you.

"As much as I hate them, they mean a lot to you, and they make you happy. So . . . Why would I try to destroy that?" She questions, "I'm not that bad of a person, you know?"

This time, you can't help but to blow out a small chuckle. She's definitely not as bad as Uzui put her out to be. That's one.

"I heard there's a stall there that sells out really cute keychains, you should try getting them that," Daki scrolled her phone, subtly showing you a picture of a flower basket keychain.

"Woah, that's cute. I'll get those for you and for the others too," you tell her.

The female shook her head, "I'll get one for you. As a token of our friendship, what do you say? Yes or yes?" She winked.

"Or."

"Ugh, that's so old!"

"Shut up! It's not that old." You defended yourself with a small smile.

"I did that with Gyuutaro when I was like . . . what? Five? Ten?" She replied back with a grin, her pearly whites showing.

"Shut up, you're probably still five to him." She clicked her tongue, crossing her arms, "Kidding, but yes, fine."

"See? That's not so hard to say," you raised a brow, blowing out a sigh.

"I'm tired. Lend me your shoulder, wake me up when we arrive," you tell her. Stretching out your legs.

"I'll leave you here."

"You won't."

"I will."