026. flower crowns & the night's still young

"Woah, it looks better than what I saw on the internet . . ." you found yourself mumbling in awe, scanning the different kind of flowers planted all around you.

To your luck, the place wasn't crowded. Meaning, you would be able to move around here and there with ease - not to mention, you didn't need to wait in line to buy anything. The large space was almost void of humans, and it felt like a fever dream. Really.

"I thought it would be much more crowded than this," Akaza, who had the same thing in his mind said, scratching his cheek sheepishly.

"Same," you told him, "but hey, this is so much better, right?"

The male nodded mutely.

Daki who had been behind, appeared beside you, straightening her periwinkle colored cap, "Let's go in, we have some flower crown making to do," she exclaims, running beyond the entrance gate, peeking behind every once in awhile to make sure that you and the others are following her.

The place was so much better inside. It felt like you had been sucked into a fairytale. There were clearly more flowers inside, and everything was about flowers. Flowers, flowers, flowers. Every kind had their own explanations - like an art gallery, sort of.

"There are so many couples here . . . I want to throw up," Gyuutaro belched in disgust, though fake, he still earned a quite amount of reaction. Especially from his own sister.

"You're just jealous you don't have a girlfriend." Obviously, he took offense in her sentence. Throwing the female a sharp glare. "What? Was I incorrect?"

"No, you're right," Douma clicked his tongue, aggravating Gyuutaro even more. The trio bickered back and forth, pretty loudly. You watched them, entertained, "Who would want to be his girlfriend? I'd wish her luck."

"That's rich coming from someone like you," Akaza chimes in, as calm as cucumber. Douma who played out his feelings well looked at him in both disbelief and surprise at the sudden interruption, "Who would want to be your girlfriend? I'd wish her luck."

You couldn't help but to chuckle at Akaza's repetition of Douma's exact words a few seconds prior, "Exactly!" Gyuutaro cheered, shoving his tongue out in pure mockery.

"You guys are mean," Douma whined.

"Stop being childish, it's weird." Akaza mutters out, shaking his head. Clearly irked by the blonde's behavior.

"This is why your girlfriend left you."

You noticed how Akaza seemed to be engulfed in silence for a while, before clicking his tongue in despise. Though he exclaimed no words, it was pretty obvious that he was vexed. The conflicted glint in his eyes glistened in a second before he blinked it away, averting his gaze to the side.

"Why would you bring that up, asshole?" Daki whispered harshly, elbowing the blonde on his side.

"I didn't mean to. It just slipped out of my mouth," Douma defended, his voice hushed. Not hushed enough since you were able to hear it.

You were a curtain twitcher. Nosy. Like a person watching their neighbours fight behind a curtain - humans are such curious creatures, and right now, you were curious. Curious of what they were talking about, but nevertheless; you couldn't bring yourself to chime in their conversation to ask, after all the tension's already heavy enough as it is.

"Where are we even heading to?" Kaigaku questioned loudly, breaking the uncomfortable silence. Finally.

You stopped walking, taking a few winks to look around. Realizing that all of you had been venturing blindly around the flower park, "Honestly, good question . . ." you told him with a small smile, "we're going to make flower crowns, so I guess we should head to the high grounds?" you point towards the path heading to a higher place.