045. worms & pesticide

"You even got matching straw hats, how cute." You complimented upon reaching the bus stop — the twin brothers were sitting side by side, wearing their matching baby pink colored shirt with small strawberry motives. And a straw hat that complimented their outfit.

"I would have thought you would wear an overall," Kokushibo shot you a look that clearly said to not give Yoriichi any ideas, "and this is the first time that we've met in real life, hi Yoriichi."

The male had been silent, but he gave you a slight wave — the corners of his lips tugging up into a small smile. He was sitting with his hands tucked under his thighs, silently, like a child waiting for his mother. "Hi," he huffs out lightly.

How cute. Yoriichi stood up, pointing towards the oncoming bus, and you found yourself standing at the very front. Awaiting for the vehicle to stop, and when the door opens, you were the first person to step in.

It wasn't too crowded inside. Being said it was almost nine, and most people would be at work — for all you know, work starts at 9ish, as that was the time you would usually start your shift in the cafe. But thankfully, the bus was almost void of any human being, pushing the bus driver aside, you could only see a mother and her son, and an elderly couple sitting at the front.

The bus only then started moving when the three of you took a seat at the very back, where the seats aren't divided into teams of two. It was just one straight row of padding for passengers to sit on. You were awkwardly seated in between the two, cliché. But it happens.

"Would you be more comfortable if you were to sit next to your brother?" you threw a question to Yoriichi, fiddling with your fingers. The male shook his head, telling you it was fine. A man of little words.

"Why are you so awkward?" Kokushibo this time, asked you, his arms crossed and his eyes shut tightly. "You weren't like this when you were with my friends."

"I don't know. This is exciting," you tell him, inhaling sharply. However the male narrowed his eyes at you — he didn't say anything, but his actions were enough to speak for themselves. Clearly he didn't buy your reasoning, but then he took out something from his sling bag.

"Yoriichi wanted me to bring this for you." It was the same shirt they were wearing, you were in awe that Yoriichi remembered. And so you took the soft fabric into your grasp, looking at the shirt, "He was pretty excited to be matching, it's childish that we're actually related."

Yoriichi suddenly turned to look at his brother, clearly taking offense in what was said about him. "If you guys start fighting now, I'm going to take the next bus home," although no kidding, you'd like to see how it would turn out.

"We're not gonna fight." Yoriichi answered.

"I would fight him." Kokushibo answered.

Both at the same time. It made you chuckle lightly, they were like total polar opposites. Like sol un luna, sun and moon. It's questionable that they're brothers since their personalities are as similar as a magnets end.

"Do strawberries have worms?" Yoriichi asks out loud.

You hummed, "If they do — I'm sure they don't use pesticides. That's what my mom told me," Yoriichi nods his head, signifying that he understands your simple statement.

"What if we pick strawberries and they have worms? How do we get rid of them?"

"Salt water, I guess? That's how I usually get rid of them," you tell him again. It felt like talking to your younger sister.

"How do you not know that?" Kokushibo snorts. "Aren't you the smartest in our campus?"

"My major don't study over worms and pesticides." Yoriichi rolled his eyes, telling his brother off in a matter of fact tone.