[34] The End of The Queen's Reign

•Emily•

"So the Pythagorean Theorem is very easy to learn, though it may seem hard at first..." Mrs. Hemmings started writing on the board and explaining and explaining but I just wasn't in the mood for a lesson today.

"Em." Luke whispered to me from behind, "Emily!" I turned back and looked over at him. He eyes were bright and he was ready to say something but, I groaned and continued to write down and at least look like I was paying attention.

"Em!" Luke whisper yelled. I turned back at him, giving a straight face. "We need to talk" He said. "Not now." I mouthed back. "What did you say?" He said.

"Stop talking!" I whispered yelled. "Fine." He groaned and I sighed focusing on the lesson Mrs. Hemmings was teaching.

As I was writing I felt something hit me. "Ow." I muttered and looked down on the ground. There was a crumpled piece of paper and I picked it up. I opened it slightly and saw messy handwriting, more specifically Luke's messy handwriting.

L: We need to talk

I glanced back at him and scribbled something on the paper.

E: Can't this wait until later?

I passed it back to him and I heard the paper crumple, which meant that he was reading it.

It became silent for a moment until he passed it back to me secretly.

L: No it can't

I groaned, writing down a simple message on the crumpled paper.

E: Yes it can

I passed it back to Luke and he furiously scribbled on the paper like there was no tomorrow.

He threw it back at me but instead of me catching the note, it landed on someone else's desk.

"Shit."I heard Luke mutter. It wasn't just anyone's desk - but Hannah's. I heard her open the crumple note and laughed.

"Mrs. Hemmings." She raised her hand. "Yes Hannah?" Mrs. Hemmings turned around and smiled.

"I think someone is being disrespectful and passing notes in class." She exclaimed looking back at me with a smirk.

Mrs. Hemmings didn't really see what was wrong with Hannah. She just knew that Luke and her went out and were best friends, she didn't know that she was a complete psychopath.

"Let me have a look." Hannah gave Mrs. Hemmings the note and she read it thoroughly. "I see." She muttered as she folding up the note nearly and placed it on her desk.

"I'll figure this out later, with the two troublemakers," she said, raising an eyebrow at both Luke and I, "But for now...the Pythagorean Theorem!"

"Look what you've done." I muttered to Luke. His cheeks were blushing, and he gave me a small smile or nervousness. Hopefully what he wrote wasn't bad enough for us to get into big trouble.

-

"What did you write in that note?" I questioned Luke as we were walking home.

"Nothing." He flatly said, kicking a rock across the curb. "Nothing? You're mom will talk to us about this later and I don't want any surprises." I explained, persuading Luke into telling me what he wrote on that note.

"Fine." He confessed, "Maybe I wrote something about the kissing part, but that's it!" "I'm an idiot." I said with a face palm.

"You're my idiot." He whispered to himself. I raised an eyebrow and he quickly changed the subject.