[20] Ice Skating

"Where's the ice rink?" He asked me following my lead. "I saw one in Central Park" I said, "I think it's called 'Trump Rink'?" "'Trump Rink'?" He asked, "Weird name" "I know right" I said.

"I'm so excited" I said as we came up to the rink. "Wait we have to rent skates" Luke said stopping me. "Are you kidding me?" I said. I sighed it was already the middle of the day and we still didn't get to do anything.

"There should be a store we can go to to rent skates somewhere" Luke said searching for one.

"Over there!" I said running towards it. "Em careful there's-" Luke said coming after me but before he could finish, I had already fallen on ice and landed on my ass. He came over to me and I expected for him to give me a hand but instead he pointed laughed at me.

"That was not funny" I said looking up towards him. "A little bit" Luke chuckled and gave me a hand. I stood up but slipped a little on the ice. Luke had caught me in his arms and I got up on my feet.

He was still holding onto me like nothing was happening. "Umm Luke?" I said into his chest. "Yeah?" He said. "The skates" I said. He let go immediately. "Oh yeah right" he said scratching the back of his head.

"See there it is" I said walking, making sure that I wouldn't fall again on ice. We made it to a corner store which we could rent ice skates. We both walked and there was a little bell that sounded from the top of the door. Inside, there was an old man standing at the counter reading a newspaper.

He noticed that we were there and flashed a jolly smile. "Hello!" He said in a thick British accent. "Renting skates?" He asked knowing the answer. "Yeah" we both said at the same time. "How much does it cost?" I asked taking out my wallet.

"$20 each" He said taking two pairs of shoes from the room beside the counter, "Unless you are a couple otherwise it's free" "It's okay we aren't-" I said pulling out a $20 bill. But before I went up to the counter, Luke pulled me back.

"What?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. "What if we get them for free?" he asked pulling on my arm. "I am not going to be a couple with you" I said shoving him off.

"C'mon $20 each for skates? We could spend that money on food" He said. I thought about it for a moment. Yes, I would have to be a couple with Luke and I might have some side effects come out of that BUT it is free.

I sighed, "Fine okay but remember I will never be a couple with you ever" "Yes I know" he rolled his eyes. The man came back with two pairs of white skates and put them on the counter.

"Do those come in black?" Luke asked in which I lightly punched him. "It doesn't matter if you ruin your punk rock image but wearing white skates" I said. "Yes we do" the man said pulling out a similar pair of skates except black. Luke smirked at me, "See" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm assuming you two are a couple?" The man said putting his elbows on the counter. "Yes" Luke said. "We'll go on then and have a great date!" The man said shooing us off with a big smile.

Date. I cringed when he said that word. Luke and I were on a 'date'. It's only a date because it's free, I thought, it doesn't mean anything.

We went out of the store with our skates in hand heading for the park. "Do you know how to skate?" He asked me. "No" I said. "Lame" he said. "Do you?" I asked in defense. "Yes I do" he said confidently. I was hoping he would've said no. "I used to play hockey" he said, "but I was 5"

"Well I'm going to be holding onto the edge so I don't fall off my ass" I said sitting on a bench. "Okay whatever" Luke said putting his skates on. "Are you always an asshole?" I asked tieing both of my skates.

"I don't try to be you know" he said in defense. "Why are you always to me?" I asked. "Because" he said, "now come on the ice" I walked over slowly step by step making sure that I wouldn't fall. "You're too slow" Luke grabbed my hand, "C'mon" He pulled me too the rink, well dragged me to the rink.

He stood up straight on the ice while I was slipping from left to right. I was holding onto Luke while making my way to the edge of the rink. I pulled my hand out and held onto the edge of the rink.

I turned around slowly to see Luke laughing at me. "Shut the fuck up" I said. "Here take my hand and I'll guide you around the rink" he said. I hesitated but took his hand because I really wanted to skate.

"Okay" he said. "Slow down" I said. "We haven't even moved" Luke chuckled. "Sorry I-" I said looking at my feet. "It's okay" he chuckled. He guided me around the rink with only one or two slips but luckily I snatched onto either the edge of of the rink or Luke's sweater.

About 2 hours later, I was finally able to skate by myself. "I think I can do it by myself" I said letting go of Luke's hand. "Okay" he said. He skated beside me and I let go of the edge.

I skated for a bit slowly and went a little faster. "Yay" I said, "I'm doing it" "Good for you" he said unamused. I went faster but then I wasn't able to control my speed.

I went over a bump and wasn't able to balance myself. A second later, I was on my ass on the cold hard ice.

"Ow" I said. I looked up to Luke who was laughing at me. "That's not funny" I said. "To me it is" he chuckled. "Asshole" I said getting up. "Hey!" He said in defense, "I don't try to be one" "You just happen to be one" I said, "Let's just go"

"Sure okay" Luke said guiding me to the exit.

We took off our skates and headed to the store. "Oh it's you two" The man said in a cheery voice, "Enjoy the date?"

"Yeah" I said hoping he'd believe us. "Well hand me those skates and you can enjoy your day" he said. We put the skates on the counter and waved goodbye.

"He really believed us huh?" I said. "Yeah" Luke said. "We could really fool people that we're dating" I said nudging Luke in the arm. "Yeah they'd believe us" he said but murmuring something to himself.

"What'd you say?" I asked. "Nothing" he said, "It's nothing important"

****

I have a lot of ideas for this book so it'll be going on for a very long time.

I so happy that some people actually like this book because trust me it sucks.

There will be a sequel I know it but you have two choices:

1. A continuation of their story

2. Luke's pov ( I have to tell you that that boy had a lot of thinking which could get very interesting)

I'm so proud of myself I actually researched about Central Park

Bai

Instagram: @/disconnected.sos
Twitter: @/calmxfivesauce