[40] I Love You

Luke

"We're taking the long way home..."

We finished the song and faced each other with smiled across our faces.

It was the first time we performed this song and we were very proud of ourselves, except I was sad that Emily didn't make it.

It didn't surprise me that she was with Daniel. Again.

"So...What did you think?" Calum asked, as we finished performing our song to the girls.

We started to become serious about this band thing and even created more songs and posted more videos.

We wanted to get noticed by someone but all we could do now was try and hope for the best.

"It was great, Cal." Meredith clapped and then went up and hugged Calum.
"Thanks Mere." He said and kissed her on the forehead.

I've always wished of having the perfect relationship like Cal and Mere but for me that could never happen.

There are just too many complications with Emily that it's just bound to never happen.

"Do I get a hug?" Michael said, walking over to Reagan with open arms. He stopped as Reagan stuck her palm in front of Michael's chest.

"No." She refused and he pouted like a puppy and walked away. He started talking to Ashton and I turned and faced Reagan.

"That was a little harsh to the guy, don't you think?" I said, nudging her slightly and she chuckled.

"He's something. One minute he acts like an ass but the next minute, he seems really genuine." Reagan said, watching Michael talk to Ashton.

"So you don't like Michael at all?" I asked.

"I like Michael, it's just fun to play hard to get. So I know that he's actually into me not, you know..." She replied and I agreed with her answer.

Michael was the type of guy who has short term relationships. Not even lasting a week.

He should know what it feels like to actually love someone. I think Reagan would be the perfect girl for him.

"So did you like the song?" I asked Reagan as we sat on the couch.

She shrugged. "Yeah. I liked it." She said, "What was it called again?"

"Long way home. Based on true events y'know." I nodded.

It was really about Emily and I when I decided to take a short cut through the the forest, which took a wrong turn and it turned out to be longer than expected.

It wasn't actually a short cut really, I just wanted to spend more time with Emily, even if it meant getting stranded.

"Based on true events, huh? Is it about Emily?" She asked, raising an eyebrow, "You seemed a little sad. She wasn't here."

"I just miss her." I said, "I mean, she's always with Daniel and I can't stand it."

"It's okay bud." She said wrapping her arm around me, "She'll come around."

"I hope so," I said, "I made a terrible mistake and now with Daniel around, she doesn't even acknowledge me."

"That Daniel kid is something." She said, "He's a bad influence."

I raised an eyebrow. "How?" I asked.

"He's one of those punk boys." She said, "Drives a motorcycle, smokes and stuff."