[45] The Love Doctor

Emily

"Calum, you look like a lost puppy." Mia said, as both her and I walked over to Calum who was pacing back and forth on the sidewalk in front of Ashton's house, "Is something wrong?"

"I don't know where Meredith is." Calum panicked, continuing to pace back and forth, "She said she was coming." He kicked a rock out of frustration and from there I knew that he had made a terrible mistake and full on regretted it.

Everyone saw Calum and Meredith as the dream couple. They never fought and were always loving and caring towards the other. What we all saw yesterday was a different story.

We had all witnessed their first fight. Calum's never had a girlfriend which made him even more worried because he never experienced this, he didn't know what to do. But I did.

It was the same with Luke and I. We always fought because of the small mistakes we made but we always get back together again.

This wasn't the same with Meredith and Calum. This never happened between them but it was about time.

"I'm sure she's coming." I comforted him, "She texted me that she was." "She'll come Calum," Mia said, "She wouldn't miss this vacation." We all sat down at the edge of the curb and Calum sighed.

"I just didn't believe her. She had faith in me, I was supposed to believe her." Calum said, sharing everything he was thinking about with Mia.

"I didn't know who to believe! Mia, you are my friend and I trust you. Meredith had great intentions for what she did. She wouldn't have done it otherwise." Calum said to Mia.

"All I know is that she was the one who called me. I don't know what her intentions were at the time." Mia stated, "I'm sure Meredith's a great girl."

"Meredith is a great girl." Calum exclaimed, "She's the love of my life. I knew that she wouldn't do anything like that. Without a good reason."

"Love is a strong word." Mia said. "That's why I used it," Calum explained, "She's been there for me and I think I really do love her."

"This will all blow over soon. " I said, reassuring him, "Every strong couple has minor setbacks. She loves you Calum, really she does. Just give her a little time to let it all out."

"I'm so stupid." Calum said standing up, "Thanks for the therapy session and pep talk, Em and Mia." He put out his hand and I smiled, grabbing onto his hand as he was pulling me up.

"No problem Cal." Mia said, "Anything for a friend."

We walked back to Ashton's driveway where the boys were packing all of our luggage bags. Calum helped Luke and Ashton with the bags and Mia wandered around talking to someone on the phone.

"Hey Michael!" I said, walking over to Michael who was lifting a bag and dropping it into the back of the car. He turned and wiped his forehead with the back of his hand, "Have you heard from Reagan?"

We were all okay with Reagan now and I've learned that Michael has a little crush on her.

It's time to work my match making strategies and help a brother out. I've helped Calum and Meredith, they went along fine! Until what happened yesterday...

"How am I supposed to know?" He shrugged, "She's playing 'hard to get'. She won't even talk to me without calling me a fuckboy which I am most certainly not."

"How do you know she's playing 'hard to get'?" I questioned, and he pointed to his left to Luke. "Luke said that she told him."

I turned to Luke who was holding his thumb in pain. His face was all scrunched up and he was probably dying on the inside. I walked over to him and chuckled a bit.