1.0

1.0 - Audition

::Emily

The first thing that came to my mind the next morning was that dream I had. I don't love Luke more or less like him. My mind is just messing me up because he's been super nice to me lately. Which is weird coming from him.

I didn't even know why am I now thinking of Luke as more than a friend? Or even as a friend? All this deep thinking is giving me a bad headache and I needed to get him off my mind once and for all.

I got up from the bed and noticed that it was time to head for school. I stretched my arms out and decided to get some breakfast from downstairs because Luke was already gone. He probably was already downstairs getting ready for school.

I sighed and made my way downstairs. The smell of freshly made pancakes filled my nose and I saw Luke munching down on some pancakes. He wasn't dressed yet and I don't think he even brushed his teeth yet.

"Sleeping beauty is awake." He chuckled, smiling as he saw me. "There's pancakes on the table if you want some."

I ignored the fact that he called me 'sleeping beauty' and walked over to the cupboard, grabbing a plate to put some pancakes on it. He seemed to be oddly nice to me today. I mean Luke? Smiling at me? That never happens. I wonder what changed. 

"Okay." I said, yawning a bit. I took a seat on the chair across from him and placed a pancake from the pile onto my plate. I took the syrup and poured it all over. As I was eating, I looked up to see Luke staring at me. At least for a second until he looked away.

"Do I have something on my face or..." I asked, wondering why he was staring at me. 

"Nope." He said, a little smile still noticeable on his face as he continued eating. 

"Okay." I said. We sat there in silence which was really awkward because he kept glancing at me and looking away whenever I looked up from my plate. "Where's your mom? I didn't see her today."

 "She went to school early today." He said, biting on a piece of a pancake. "She had a meeting to go to so it's just you and me."

"Oh. So who cooked these?" I asked, "They're actually pretty good."

"I did." He said, "Hopefully they're good. It took me all morning not to burn any of them."

I spat out my food and picked at it making sure that he didn't put anything bad in there. I knew Luke and this is something he would do.

"What was that for? I didn't put anything bad in them." He said, frowning at my actions. "It's the only thing I can make without burning the house down and I thought why not make them today?" 

"Sorry." I said, "They're good." I didn't mean to be so rude to him. It was just weird that he was all of a sudden nice to me and I didn't know what to do.

"Did you sleep okay?" He asked, "You were kind of mumbling in your sleep."

"It was okay." I said, "Was I loud? I didn't mean to keep you up. I didn't even know I talked in my sleep, that's something new."

"No, you didn't." He chuckled, "It was pretty much all gibberish anyways, you didn't say anything embarrassing. But, we should really start getting ready for school. We wouldn't want to miss the bus. Again."

"I'm going to go upstairs." I said, walking towards the dishwasher and placed my plate inside. "Can you wait a couple of minutes to use the bathroom. I won't take long, I just need a couple of minutes."

"Okay." He said, putting the dishes in the sink. "I have to clean up a bit anyways. I promised my mom I would clean up before I left."

I walked up the stairs and into the bathroom, washing some cold water into my face to wake myself up from this dream. Clearly, Luke is being extremely nice to me. Which never happens. Ever. Not even a little bit, he like hates everything including me. I'm first on his list.