[48] The Truth Comes Out

Luke

"I can't believe he did that!" I heard Meredith gasp through the crack of the door. I was still in bed but I was woken up by the sound of Meredith and Emily's girl talk and it was the only thing I could hear. I didn't want to barge into their conversation but I wanted to know what they were talking about.

I saw Emily through the crack of the door and she looked mad as ever. Her hands were clenched and she looked like she was ready to explode. I didn't know why.

"He promised me." She said, wiping the tears that were coming from her eyes, "But he broke that promise not even 10 minutes later."

Meredith hugged her and Emily was a mess. I wanted to help her, I wanted to see what was wrong. She wiped her eyes and moved the hair from her face.

"What if it was unintentional? He could have been drunk or something." Meredith said, "Do you even know if that was him or not? It could have been a mistake, a misunderstanding."

"Mistake or not, what he did teared me apart." Emily said, "I think I know that it is him. I need to take a walk. Get some fresh air. Get my mind over this. If you don't mind."

"I get it. I needed time to think about Calum and you should about Luke. I'll give you all the time that you need." Meredith said, "Whatever you choose to do, I know that whatever it is, is right."

I saw Meredith walk away and Emily opened the door, walking back into the room. I shut my eyes quickly pretending to be asleep while I heard her footsteps around the room.

I opened my eyes slightly to see that she was at the desk writing something on a piece of paper. She walked over to my side of the bed and left a note on top my phone.

"Luke, my love, I don't know why you did what you did but I don't think I can do this anymore." She said softly, before planting a kiss on my forehead before walking away. I opened my eyes and I saw her close the door shut.

What was she talking about? She couldn't do this anymore? I sat up and looked over at the note.

Going out for a walk. Don't bother coming to find me. -Emily

I took off the note and looked at the time on my phone. It was about noon and everyone was probably awake by now. I needed to find Emily. I needed to talk about what I heard because I had a feeling Emily wasn't telling me something.

I walked out of the room and saw the boys in the living room.

"Really guys? We're on vacation in the middle of the forest. I didn't even know that you could get wifi here. You guys should do something outside." I said and they all laughed. I walked down to them and sat on the couch beside Ashton.

"You are too funny Luke." Michael said, "Seriously, why go out when we can stay here. Nature scares me. There are bugs out there." Michael pointed to the window.

They went back to doing what they were doing and I just couldn't think about what Emily said. 'I don't think I can do this anymore.' Her voice was going on and on like a record player. I just couldn't stop thinking about her.

"Do you guys know where Emily went?" I blurted out and they shrugged. Ashton turned to face me. "She said that she was going for a walk." He said, "She seemed upset too. Did you say something to make her upset?"

"I didn't say anything to her actually. She's not talking to me or at least trying not to." I explained, "Nothing's the same anymore, man, we've been so distant lately. It's been two days since the party and she is upset over something but I don't know what."

"Ah, relationship troubles I hear." Ashton said, "I have nothing else to do, more or less have a girlfriend. So spill, Hemmings."

"I didn't know if it was because she was upset about the tour or it was something else. I needed to talk to her alone." I explained, "I never get the chance to because we are always surrounded by everyone and in the morning, she's never there"