[41] Proposal

Emily

"Let's go on an adventure." Luke crept behind me and put his head on my shoulder.

"Not now." I shooed him away, "I have a major test tomorrow and I can't afford to fail it."

It had been weeks since the incident at home and Luke hasn't even touched upon the subject.

I knew that he wanted to punch Daniel's guts out but he didn't, and I appreciated that. I didn't need anymore drama or another enemy.

What happened with Daniel was simple.

He worked with me and he wanted the promotion and we were both up for it. He thought that by dating me, he would get my mind off of it. But he was so wrong.

I don't get unfocused because of a boy. That's just stupid. Yes, they may be part of my life but that doesn't mean they're all I think about.

There's school, work and more important things. But there will be someone who is all your life, who loves you and won't make you not focus.

I think I've found that boy all along.

Anyways I got the promotion and he just dumped me on the spot. I was devastated yes and I was not drunk.

I was grateful for the most part that really I didn't need to look for another boyfriend.

Deep down I knew it was Luke but I never faced it because I'm stubborn and I didn't realize how much he meant to me, until now.

The reason I called for Luke because I made a great mistake. I needed him and he seemed like he needed me too.

"C'mon." He chuckled, "You don't have any money so you can't afford anything anyway."

"Shut up." I joked, "I do have money."

"And I have a penguin, but c'mon," he said tugging my arm, "You need to relax."

"You have a test tomorrow too," I raised an eyebrow, "Shouldn't you be studying for it too?"

He waved it off and shook his head. "I don't need to study," he scoffed, "I got it all up here." He pointed to his head and grinned.

"Okay, Einstein." I said, flipping through the pages, "What is the square root of 64?"

He thought and snapped, "8."

I slowly clapped and closed my textbook.

"Don't underestimate Luke Hemmings." He said, "My mother is my math teacher, I think I know what I'm doing."

"You better do, Einstein." I joked, stepping out of my chair, "Where are we going?"

He put on his jacket and responded, "It's a surprise."

"God, I hate surprises." I said putting on some jeans and a flannel.

"Then that's great." He said, "Now m'lady off to the wherever I'm taking you!" He opened the door and gestured for me to go through.

I picked up my bag and walked towards the door.

"Why thank you kind sir." I said in a joking manner, passing through the door, "Such a gentleman."

He closed the door behind us, and we walked down the stairs in sync.

"I wonder where you're taking me." I said as we both made our way into the car.

I took my place in the passengers seat and Luke took his place in the driver's seat.

"Wow, it's clean for once." I chuckled, looking around the cleaned car. Luke grinned as he turned the key and headed out of the driveway.