[13] Betrayal

"Mia Clarke" I said, "I heard of that name before" That name seemed very familiar. "She went to our elementary school for a couple of years" he said. "Oh yeah right, she was in in my year 2 class, I think. What happened to her?" I ask.

"She just moved, she never told me why" he said, "One day she just disappeared" "Oh" I said. "That was the last I saw her" he said, "I knew she was acting differently one day and then I never saw her again"

"We were best friends along with Hannah" he explained, "I got picked on for hanging out with girls because they were my only two friends; Mia and Hannah. That's when I met Calum. We became friends and then it all went away"

"Same here, I get picked on too for hanging out with guys a lot especially by Hannah, but when Meredith became my friend everything stopped" I said. "I never knew" he said. "Yeah, also because I never wore makeup" I said, "After, what happened?"

"Then" he laughed, "I had the biggest crush on her" I smiled hearing Luke's story. "I hated her for moving away so suddenly" he said, "She never even said goodbye" "That's not a very good reason to hate someone" I said. "It's not, but year 4 little me thought so" he chuckled. "Then what happened?" I ask.

"I saw another girl and instantly fell into love with her" he said, "I know that I couldn't have loved her because I never even spoke with her. I never even knew what love was back then" "Love is stupid" I say, "It makes you do crazy things to the people who mean the most to you"

"That's true" he said. "Then after Hannah made me hate her for some odd reason" he continued. "What?" I ask. "She told me something about her and then something changed" he said, "I messed up my first impression and then she hated me"

This made me remember something but I don't know what. "When was this?" I ask. "Year 6" he said. Year 6, Year 6...Year 6 was the year I met Luke. Could the girl he's talking about be me? Of course not. Right?

"Luke" I ask. "Yes" he says. "What was her name?" I ask. "I can't tell you" he said looking away. "Why not? It's not me right?" I laughed. He stayed silent and laughed. "Of course not" he said, "I have to go" He walked away and scratched his head. What is he hiding from me?

"Okay..." I said still sitting at the table at Starbucks.

****

Friday...

"Okay!" Meredith said, "Now it's time for the presents!" We were all at my house and we were about to do our presents giving for Secret Santa.

"Everyone pass around your presents" she said. "But I thought it was Secret Santa" Luke said, "Aren't we not supposed to know who gave us the gift?" "Luke it doesn't matter" Michael said, "Just bring out the gifts!" "Fine" Luke said.

We all exchanged gifts. "Here you go Mere" Calum said passing Meredith a pink bag. "Thanks Cal" she said kissing his cheek. We all cooed and saw them clearly blushing.

"Here you go" Luke handed me a small box badly wrapped in penguin wrapping paper with a small bow on top. "Thank you Luke" I said holding the box. "Do my ears deceive me? Or did Emily just say 'thank you' to Luke?" Ashton said. "You heard right, Ash" I said, "Luke and I decided to be friends"

Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared. "Friends?" Calum gulped. "Yeah" Luke said, "Is there a problem?" "Not at all, it's just you two hated each other like yesterday and today, you're friends" Michael said. "Okay then can we continue with the gifts?" I asked still holding the box. "Yeah" They said and they continued passing the gifts.

"Sorry it's badly wrapped" Luke said, "I can't wrap" "Sure you could, maybe I'll teach you sometime" I laughed. He grinned as I opened the box. "Luke" I gasped looking at the gift, "this is amazing"