Four

"YOU COMFY?"

asks Bruce, who was already set up on the couch with pillows and a blanket.

"Gosh, Bruce, just crash here with me." I groan, patting the spot next to me on his bed.

"No." He says, shaking his head.

"Why?" I prompt.

"Your brother lives in the next Tower. Imagine his reaction when he finds me sleeping next to you." Bruce scoffs.

"Has he entered your room before?"

"No?"

"Exactly," I argue. "Just sleep next to me. It's your bed, anyways. I'll be gone by tomorrow."

"Nexa, no-"

"I insist, Bruce Wayne. So stop being a brat and get your rich ass on your goddamn California king bed." I almost order Bruce to not sleep on his couch and on the bed instead. It's not like I'll be crashing here for three days and two nights.

"Fine." Bruce gives in, grabbing his pillows and throwing them back on his side of the bed.

Once Bruce is under the covers a few feet away from me, still shirtless, might I add, I ask, "You do any night rituals?"

"What?" His head snaps to my direction.

"I don't know, what do rich people do?"

"You do realise you freeload off of me and live in my house, right?" He jokes. "I'm just joshing. What do you do before going to bed?"

"After kicking ass? Not much. But when I'm not, I read a book." I say.

"I don't read books." Bruce scoffs.

"So what, now you're too rich to read a book?"

"No," Bruce snaps jokingly. "I just don't."

"Yet you have a whole library full of them." I snap again.

"Shut up and go to sleep." Bruce rubs his face, done with my bullshit.

"Where's Nexa, Bruce?" I hear a ruckus outside. What time is it? And where am I?

I look around. Bruce's room. The ibuprofen must've knocked me out. "Where is my sister, goddamn it?!" Dick.

"She's at Alfred's Towe-" Bruce says before getting cut off by me. He was standing by his doorway.

"I'm here, Dick," I say, getting off the bed and attempting to walk to the doorway where Bruce is standing. "Right here."

"Careful." Bruce mutters, holding onto my waist so I could lean on him before I collapse again like last night. Embarrassing.

"Did you guys-" Dick's eyes go wide open after putting everything together; Bruce being shirtless and me in one of his oversized black tees and a pair of basketball shorts.

"No!" Bruce and I yell at the same time.

"She couldn't walk last night, Dick. So I let her crash here." Bruce explains.

"Then why'd you lie?" Dick questions again.

"Because he knows you'd react like this," I chime in, getting angry. "Dick, I'm 24. I can sleep with whoever I want-"

"Not Bruce!" he shouts, making me flinch. He realises it. "Just... not Bruce." he huffs in a softer tone.

"You realise I'm the one that's supposed to watch who you sleep with, right?" I argue. "Not you?"

"Nexa," Bruce mutters. "Don't bother."

I didn't listen to Bruce, I just kept going. This will be the perfect time for me to spill his secret that I've known for three months. "So when were you gonna tell me about you and Barbara, huh?" Bruce's head immediately snaps up from looking at me to looking at Dick. "How long have y'all been fucking?"

Dick's head hangs low. "Fuck." he mutters.

"Dick, is this true?" Bruce grunts. Dick wouldn't say a word. That's until Bruce full-names him. "Richard... is this true?"

Dick collects himself as he takes a deep breath. "I was gonna tell you guys on Barbie's birthday," he begins. "Listen, I love her. So much, actually. I knew you'd be pissed because of that one... stupid fuckin' rule. 'No Bat-on-Bat macking'."

Bruce huffs out a sigh as he eyes me, then Dick, then back at me again. "So, you're not fucking with us? You and Barbara are really dating?"

"We haven't said the words yet," Dick rubs his face. "But... yeah, I think we are."

Bruce shakes his head before deciding something. Well, at least his face looked like he was. "Alright," he begins. "We'll abolish that rule. No more of that, but that doesn't mean you can keep secrets about who you're macking with. I'm looking at you, Tim."

"I tell you everything, man." Tim complains.

"If you're seeing each other, speak out. If you're uncomfortable telling me, tell someone else," he tenses. "Tim, you sure you're not seeing Helena in secret?"

"I'm waiting till marriage, Bruce." Tim complains again.

"What about you, Bruce?" Dick says defensively. "You seeing my sister?"

"No, he's not," I speak on behalf. "Trust me, if I was, Selina would be here."

Bruce, Dick and Tim give me that weird look. The 'what?' look. "What? I tell her everything." I scoff.

"Nexa will still be crashing in my bedroom until she's able to walk around again. Keep that in mind, Dick." Bruce decides. So what, how many more days am I gonna be stuck with Bruce Wayne?

"I swear to God, if I hear you guys mackin' late at night-" Dick begins.

"God, no," I groan, plugging my ears as Bruce grumbles, pushing Dick out of the doorway and slamming the door. I could hear Dick and Tim cackling down the hall. "Why is my brother like this?"

"Maybe he really wants us to... you know." Bruce smirks.

"Bruce, don't even." I smack his arm, cringing so hard at his raised brow.

"I'm kidding!" Bruce chuckles. "Or am I?"

"Fuck you!" I scream.

"Okay, when?" He jokes. God, I wanna scream sometimes. I've never seen this side of Bruce so it was... an experience, I must say. Not everybody can say Bruce Wayne has genuinely smiled at them... except me. So many men with insane amounts of testosterone in this house and I just happen to be in the middle of it. Just my luck, eh?