Seven

"PARTY, BABY!"

Dick cheers as I enter the ballroom with Selina from the bathroom.

"Since when do you like Wayne fundraiser parties?" Selina quips, looking at Dick with confusion, champagne in hand. Apparently that's the only thing she drinks at functions like these.

"Since I turned 21, baby!" Dick cheers again. It just so happens that today is also Dick's birthday. We've already celebrated earlier but had to cut it short, when he started throwing a tantrum because we didn't buy him a new car like we did with Barbie.

"Let's not call another girl 'baby'," I scoff. "You've clearly had too much to drink."

"Gosh, loosen up, Nexxo! It's a goddamn party," Dick slurs. Nexxo? That's a new one. "Plus, all the scary people are gone!"

"Hey, ladies." Bruce sneaks up from behind Selina and I. "Having fun?"

"Sure," I smile. "Dick's having too much fun, I think." I was wearing the most uncomfortable dress and honestly, I cannot wait to take it off. I've had myself a few glasses of champagne and at this point, I had to hold on to Selina to keep myself rooted.

"Yeah, I can see that," Bruce nods. "Hey, Selina, can I steal Nexa for a second?"

"Yeah," she hums. "Tell me if you're leaving because I, too, would like to go back and hit the pillow." She groans.

"We will," Bruce chuckles before taking me away from everybody's eyes. "Hey, what do you say we get out of here?"

I look at Bruce, confused. "You mean," I begin, trying to find words. "We go back to our rooms and just forget tonight?"

Bruce couldn't help but snicker. "Sure, but we go back to my room and forget tonight?" I look at Bruce with that look, that 'not this again' look. "What? I get lonely, Nexa. Plus the important people are gone, so what else do I have to be here for?"

"Whatever," I say, dropping my entire posture. "But before we go, let me just..." I scoot over towards the alcohol table, pouring some tequila for myself, seeing how Bruce has a glass of the same clear liquid in his hands.

"Really? You couldn't just take some from my glass?" Bruce monotones as a giggle escapes my pursed lips.

I signal to Selina, telling her I'm leaving. She turns and chucks the okay sign as Bruce's arm wraps around my waist. "What's gonna happen to my brother? He's gonna have the biggest hangover in the world."

"That is true," Bruce mentions. "Do you want me to cut him off? I'll get Jason and Tim to do that, they're in their bedrooms right now."

"Anything will do as long as he doesn't need ibuprofen in the morning." I chuckle.

"Let's stop by West Tower." Bruce nods.

"Jason?" I rap my fist on the door. "It's Nexa, can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Yeah, give me one minute," says Jason from the other side of the door. The door clicks. "Hey, sweet thang. Wanna fuc- no, I'm just kidding. What do you need?"

"Ugh," Jason may be a year younger than me, but he's out of my league; in a bad way. "Bruce is getting Tim right now, but can you guys go back to the ballroom and get Dick to bed?"

"He's still there?" Jason is in shock. "I thought he left."

"He's drunk as shit, man." I hesitate.

"Okay," Jason sees my distress. "Are the important people gone?"

I scoff. "Yeah? Bruce wouldn't be out here if they were still here."

"True," Jason mutters. "Okay, Tim and I will go. Don't worry about it, it's getting late as shit too."

"Thanks, Jason. You're a sweetheart." I smile gratefully.

"So, uh... can I take you on a date or something-"

"Goodnight and goodbye." I interrupt, walking away.

"I'm kidding!" Jason calls out from behind.

"Jason and Timmy are such sweethearts." I smile to myself.

"Oh, God, tell me you're not falling for either of them." Bruce winces.

"What?" I say, taken aback. "No, gosh! I promised Dick I wouldn't fall for any of his friends."

"You and Jason?" Bruce questions while imagining me and Jason together.

"Jason Todd? No, he's a homie of mine, okay. We're never gonna be more than just homies." I laugh.

"What about you and Tim?" Bruce leans off his chair, getting excited.

"Bruce, no!" My hands slap the armrests of the armchair I'm sitting on. "Tim Drake is a homie of mine too. I told you I'm never dating my brother's best friends! It's just... wrong." A laugh escapes my pursed lips.

"So wrong." Bruce adds. We laugh at the thought of me dating either one of Dick's friends and soon after, everything falls quiet.

"Nexa," Bruce finally speaks. "Will you be honest with me?"

"Sure." I say.

"What do you think of me?" Bruce's brows furrow, as if he is genuinely curious of my thoughts of him.

"Well," I start, my brain turning to mush at trying to find the words to say. "I think you're nice. I like how you try to fit in with the res-"

"No," he interrupts. "As in, what do you think of me? Like, do you see me as your boyfriend in the future, or..."

All I could do was laugh nervously. "What?"

"You heard me," he says matter-of-factly. "Do you see me as someone you'd go to bed with every night?"

"Gosh," I start nervous laughing again. "I don't know, Bruce-"

"Because I see that with you," he starts again. "Nexa Grayson... I think I love you."