Twenty

"SO WHAT DOES THIS GUY WANT, EXACTLY?"

Gar asks, very into the 'lesson' I'm throwing for him. In order for him to coordinate with us, he has to learn about the villains that we've come across and still do.

"Who, Joker?" I ask, Gar nods. "Well, he's just honestly trying to get on Bruce's bad side. He has the tendency to. I mean, you know Jason as a Titan, but that boy was murdered by Joker and resurrected by the Scarecrow himself. Well, that was before I killed him."

"Wait, you killed Scarecrow? How?"

"Razor blades to the throat." I answer ominously. Gar mutters a Siiiick before trying to fight a grin on his face. He's been doing that a lot lately.

"I heard you shot Joker? How?" He asks again.

"I did. Well, he shot at me first; both my legs and my left shoulder. I couldn't walk for days, until Tim finally lets us into his bedroom and lets us use one of his tech. I've been able to walk since." I explain.

"Did you pull the bullets out yourself?"

My eyes widen. "Fuck, no. I had Bruce do it. It hurt like hell. Never, ever catch a bullet." I shudder at the thought of Bruce pulling out those bullets from my legs. It's still really fresh in my head.

bruce pov

Nexa is sitting in the living room with Garfield, teaching him about the villains in Gotham. I hope she's coercing him using this method to make him move back to San Francisco.

It's not that I don't like the kid, he's the same age as Nexa. It'll just be a matter of time when she would leave me for the tiger. And that's the last thing my mental health could take and then that's it, I might need to go to rehab.

Nexa notices me walk into the kitchen. "Hey," she smiles, walking over to me and wrapping her arms around my waist. "Thought you were still sleeping like Dick." She loves comparing me to Dick and his attitude, even when I'm nowhere close to that pig of a boy.

"How's he doing?" I ask, looking at Garfield over my shoulder.

"Great," Nexa explains. "He's making notes and everything. I'm pretty impressed." Shit. That's the last word I wanted to hear come out of her mouth.

"You like him, don't you?" I give her a look.

"Bruce!" She slaps my arm. "Enlighten me again, who do I belong to?"

"Me, obviously."

"Exactly," she replies matter-of-factly. "You didn't say Gar Logan. So I'm yours."

"Through and through?"

"Through and through."

"What happened back there?" Gar questions, finally looking up from his notes.

"Oh, nothing," I shrug it off. "Bruce gets jealous." Gar scoffs.

"What's Bruce Wayne gotta be jealous of?"

"You," I finally say after a few moments of silence. "He hates when I hang out with other guys that aren't him. He thinks they're just gonna steal me away. In this case, he thinks you're gonna take me away from him."

"But he's the Batman." Gar adds.

"Exactly." I glare.

"You know what's weird?" Dick speaks after the silence fell upon us while I accompanied him and Gar as they play video games together in Dick's bedroom.

"What?" I answer, not looking up from my phone.

"If you ever marry Bruce," Ugh, the subject I tend to stay away from. Marriage is not really my thing and I don't see myself getting married soon. "I'd be his brother in-law and his son. So odd."

I scoff. "Tell me about it."

Gar scoffs too. "Do you ever see yourself getting married, Nexa?" He asks.

I shake my head. "Hm, not really. I don't think I'd ever get married."

"She has PTSD," Dick chimes in. "She used to be engaged to Rick Flag," Gar looked like he was about to ask a follow-up question, but Dick knew exactly what it was going to be. "You don't know him, he's a soldier."

"Y'know, if I were a girl, I'd marry Bruce Wayne in a heartbeat," Gar remarks, which made Dick turn his head to look at him in confusion. "What? I'm just saying."

Dick's eyes widen, his head panning back to the flatscreen. "Gar, I've always thought you were weird, but now I'm positive." Dick mutters.

"Thanks!" Gar exclaims. "My new mindset is everything is a compliment to me. It's working, I think." He shrugs.

"Anyways, you hear about Bruce getting jealous of you?" Dick asks.

"Yeah," Gar explains. "I saw him get jealous right in front of me. It was magical." Gar looks up to Bruce so much, it's only a matter of time he creates a whole shrine dedicated to him. I won't be surprised, though.

"Bruce gets jealous of every guy who talks to me except you, Dick. That's your father for you." I chuckle.

"Yeah, and my father is your boyfriend. Ain't that fucked up?" Dick argues.

"Don't cuss at me!" I say jokingly. Silence falls over the three of us eventually as Gar and Dick focus back on Uncharted... Four, I think. I used to play video games. After I moved to Gotham, I gave my PS4 to Dick since he's always hogging his time on it back when he used to visit me in National City.

"It kinda is fucked up, Nex," Gar says, turning to me with a wince face. "You dating his dad."

"Shut up, Gar." I shove him forward, laughs erupting from his stomach.