Retrieval Naruto Uzumaki

-Meanwhile-

Sakura was jumping along the rooftop trying to get to the Hokage Tower as quickly as she could.

'I have to hurry!! I can't let Naruto be taken away! He has to be brought back in the village so I can tell him how I truly feel about him!' Sakura thought as she pushed as much chakra as she could in her legs to speed up. She arrived at the Hokage Tower and ran inside and to up to the Hokage office door. She stopped at the door and held her hand up in getting ready to knock when she heard a voice.

"WHAT?! Naruto has left the Village to join Orochimaru?!" A male voiced asked to which Sakura recognized as shikamaru.

"That's correct. For whatever reasons I don't know, but this is an S-rank retrieval mission. Odds are Orochimaru has some of his top men escorting Naruto to whatever his hideout is. You and your squad will be pursue the sound ninja who have him, retrieve Naruto Uzumaki and bring him back home to the Leaf. Understand?" Sakura heard Tsunade say to shikamaru.

"Yeah what a drag." Shikamaru's lazy voiced said.

"You can pick who ever you want for the squad." Tsunade voiced.

"I've got just the people in mind." Shikamarus said. Sakura heard Tsunade chuckled.

"The missions begins as soon as you have assembled in your squad. Dismissed!" Tsunade said. Sakura quickly made in her way down the hall to make it appear and she had arrived before the door to the office opened and shikamaru came out before running past her.

'I've got to hurry!' Sakura thought as she ran after shikamaru.

-Later at the Gate-

Shikamaru, Kiba with Akamaru, Choji, Neji and Sasuke were gathered at the Hidden Leaf Gate

"I still can't believe Naruto left the Village." Choji said. Kiba nodded.

"Yeah who would thought that." Kiba said. However, Sasuke was lost in his thoughts as he tried wrapping his mind around what was happening.

'I can't believe the dobe left. He always swore that he would protect his village, but now......he's left the village that he's swore to protect.' Sasuke thought. He was snapped out from his thoughts when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Sasuke looked and saw that the hand was belong to Neji.

"Don't worry. Well get Naruto back home. Naruto had spent so much time saving others from darkness that he became consumed it. Now he is waiting for someone to save him from darkness." Neji said.

"But what if we can't stop him?" Sasuke asked.

"If anyone can pierce through the darkness that Naruto is immerse in it's you." Neji said. Sasuke nodded in understanding.

"Alright our main target is Naruto. If the sound ninja try to stop us we are to care of them, but as I said before our main goal is to retrieve Naruto as fast as we can." Shikamaru said. However, when they were about to leave, sasuke felt a presence close by. Just then Sakura appeared.

"Sakura? What are you doing here?" Sasuke asked as he approached the pinkette whose head was bent down slightly in her bangs concealed her eyes.

"P-please......." Sakura said. Sasuke gave her a confused look before he noticed the tears hitting the ground in front of sakuras feet. The pinkette looked up at sasuke with tear filled her eyes.

 The pinkette looked up at sasuke with tear filled her eyes

"Please bring Naruto back to me, please!! This is my..........my once in a lifetime...request!" Sakura said as she hugged herself in aftermath to stop herself from crying. Sasuke turn away from sakura.

 Sasuke turn away from sakura

"Hn. That loser will comeback either or by me dragging his ass back. Count on it." Sasuke said causing Sakura to look at him with eyes wide in suprise.
"Consider it my promise of a lifetime". Sakura smiled as she watched the retrieval team to head out the gate and get Naruto bring back home.

To be Continued................