Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin sat in his home, looking out the window. A bell jingles, causing Rumpel to look at it.

"Another day to nothing, but lies." He muttered, as he got up and heads to the door. Rumpel sighs deeply before putting on a smile and opens the door.

......

"I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this. Why? Why would mother do this? What went wrong?" A woman mumbles to herself, as she picks up a clock piece through her teary eyes. She looks at the broken clock and lets out a sob, as she clutched the clock piece to her chest.

"Something wrong, Miss?" The woman looks up at the voice and gasped. Rumpel sat in a chair, looking around the room.

"You're Rumpel! You can help me, right?" The woman asked, as hope shined in her eyes. Rumpel stared at her before grinning.

"Of course, I can! Anything you want, but I want something in return. I do wonder, why you shortened my name?" Rumpel asked. The woman sighs in relief.

"I heard if someone says your full name three times, you disappear. I don't want you to disappear, so I thought if I shorten your name, you won't disappear." The woman said. Rumpel shrugged

"What can I do for you?" Rumpel asked, as the woman wipes her eyes and looks down at the broken clock.

"I want you to help me get my father's shop back and up to it's former glory." The woman said. Rumpel nodded.

"It'll be a snap. What would you give me in return?" Rumpel asked.

"I never told how I wanted to get the shop back. You'll help me, but I want to get it back legally. What do you want in return?" The woman asked. Rumpel tilts his head, confused.

'Why is she asking me what I want? That doesn't matter anymore. Just say the same thing as always.' Rumpel thought, as he mentally shook his head.

"What you hold most valuable sholud be good enough." Rumpel said, as the woman shook her head.

"There's nothing left for me, except my father's shop. I can give anything you want! How about a wife? I can marry you! Or give you a child? Anything!" The woman said.

"You would go that far just for a shop?" Rumpel asked, and the woman nodded her head.

"The shop means a lot to me. I have no one else. My mother doesn't want anything to do with my father's shop. I can't get his shop unless I'm married. Please, marry me!" The woman said, as she bows.

"Wait, wait, wait! You wanted me to help you get your father's shop back. You don't want me to help you get it back unless it's legal. And now you want me to marry you?! What's wrong with you, woman?!" Rumpel asked, as the woman looks up at him.

"Please! Help me get my father's shop, and I'll marry you and give you a child in return for your help! I'm begging you, Rumpelstiltskin!" The woman said. Rumpel jumps off the chair, and rushed over to the woman.

"Ok! Ok! I agree! Just don't yell my name!" Rumpel said, as he helps the woman from the floor, and looks at the broken clock.

"Was this your father's?" Rumpel asked. The woman reached out and picks up the pieces of the clock.

"Yeah. It was my father's first successful clock. He fixes all types of clocks and makes new ones.  My mother broke it." The woman said, as she places the pieces in her apron.

"I see. If I really am going to be your husband. I should know your name." Rumpel said, as he picks ups the clock face. The woman smiles.

"Ashley. What is your last name? I'm to be you wife, afterall." Ashley said.

"I, sometimes, go by Mr. Gold on my contracts. If that's alright with you." Rumpel said. Ashley nodded.

"Ashley Gold. I like it." Ashley said, as Rumpel looks down at the clock, as his ears glowed red. Ashley giggles, as the two picked up the pieces of the broken clock.

'Is it bad to have hope that maybe someone wants to stay with someone like me?' Rumpel thinks, as he glanced at Ashley. Rumpel smiles faintly, as a small bit of hope swells in his chest.