The Little Mermaid

There was something on the internet about Ursula being Triton's sister, and I liked that idea! We all know Ursula's greed for power. So What if Ursula wasn't greedy.

.........

"Your Majesty. You wanted to speak with me?" Ursula asked, as she bows. Her tentacles moved around, as she looks up from writing in her book. Triton looks down from his throne.

"It's Ariel again. The girl wants to go the the surface again! What am I going to do with her?" Triton asked, as Ursula sighed. One tentacle reached up and took the book from Ursula's hands as she swims up the the throne.

"The child takes after you. You can't deny that." Ursula said, causing Triton to chuckle a bit.

"I suppose she does. If only her mother was here. She could tell me what to do about Ariel." Triton said, sighing, as his hand covers his eyes. Ursula moves to his side and pats his arm.

"I know. I'm sorry, but I can't bring her back. If I did that, She wouldn't be the same, Tri. You know that, right?" Ursula said, as Triton lowers his hand and looks at her.

"I know. I know. What should I do, Ursula? I want her to stay under the waves, but I also want her to be happy." Triton said, as Ursula hums. A crab swims up and bows.

"Your Majestys. If I may speak." The crab said, as Triton nods.

"Yes, Sebastian?" Triton asked, as the crab lifts his head.

"How about letting someone go with the girl to the surface?" Sebastian suggested, causing the two adults to looks at each other.

"Like a escort? Hmmm....but who can I have go with Ariel..." Triton mumbles, as Ursula sighs.

"How about I go with the child? I've been to the surface and know their ways. There's no one better to teach your child not to mess up on the surface." Ursula said, as Triton looks at her, surprised.

"You? Are you sure? I mean, I don't want to burden you from your duties." Triton said, as Ursula rolled her eyes and placed her hands on her hips, as she swims around to the front of the throne.

"Seriously, Triton! Let me handle the girl. One week. Give her one week on the surface with me." Ursula offered, as Triton hums deeply. Triton looks between Sebastian and Ursula.

"Very well. Bring in, Ariel." Triton said, as Ursula smirks, crossing her arms. A gaurd nods and swam away.

"It'll be a peice of cake. Don't worry about us, Triton." Ursula said, as Triton sighs.

"That's exactly why I'm worried." Triton mumbles, as he spots Ariel swimming towards them in the distance.

........

"Legs! Aunt Ursula! Look! I have legs!" Ariel said, as she lifts up her dress to her knees and smiled. Ursula smiled back and nodded, as she smooths out her black dress.

"Of course, you have legs, dear. And here he comes." Ursula said, as Grimsby spots them and walks over.

"You're actully on time for once, Vanessa." Grimsby said, as he snaps his pocket watch shut. Ursula rolled her eyes, as she pulls her greying black hair back into a low bun.

"Such a sour sport, Grimsby. Do try to be nice for once. This is my niece, Ariel. Ariel. This is a good friend of mine, Grimsby. We'll be in his care for our stay. What do you say, child?" Ursula asked. Ariel perks up and lifts the side of her dress.

"Thank you of having me, Sir Grimsby." Ariel said, as she curtsy. Grimsby looks her up and down, before nodding.

"Now I see why you wanted to bring her. She is lovely, but time will tell if she's right for the prince." Grimsby said, as Ursula nods.

"Of course. We'll start our lessons today. Lead the way, Grimsby." Ursula said. Grimsby walks ahead, as the two follow him.

"Aunt Ursula? What's with other name?" Ariel asked. Ursula smiles.

"It's my first name up here. Vanessa on the surface. Ursula under the water. I feel comfortable having another name that I can go as when Im up here, other than Ursula the sea witch, no?" Ursula said, as Ariel hums, thinking.

"I....guess I can see why. Should I call Aunt Vanessa then?" Ariel asked. Ursula reaches up and ruffles her hair.

"It does have a nice ring to it. You can if you want to, dear." Ursula said.

"There you are, Grimsby! Ah! Miss Vanessa! Hello again! And....who are you?" Ariel looks up, as a man greets the three at the stairs. Ariel smiles, as the man stares awestruck at her. Ursula looks between the two and smiles. Grimsby sighs and leans over.

"You're making your evil planing face again, Vanessa." Grimsby said. Ursula snaps out her thoughts and nudged him away.

"Oh shush. I'll plan whatever I want. Who knows. The little prince might actually agree with you." Ursula said, as Grimsby frowns.

"We'll see about that." Grimsby said.