22

Five year old Kol's eyes opened slowly and he wiped his left with his slightly chubby fist and took in his surroundings.

"Aww is that Kol?" Bonnie cooed.
Kol remembered this memory and felt like he was going to die of embarrassment.

He was lying in the bed he shared with his brothers, Elijah was asleep on one edge of the bed, Nik on the other and he was in the middle.

"You guys had to share a bed?" Marcel asked.

"Not for long but yes we did. A few months after this we all got our own beds but in the same room although for a bit we still stuck to one bed." Elijah explained.

"Why isn't Finn with you?" Hayley wondered aloud.
"Take a guess." Klaus grumbled and rolled his eyes

"Mothers child and he was the eldest. He got special privileges. But it doesn't matter because he missed out, not us." Kol said with a small smile at the end.

As he went to turn over and go back to sleep, his eyes widened with horror.

"Oh no, no, no!" He whispered, he could not keep his tears at bay and they slipped from his big dark eyes and down his cheeks, he started sobbing quietly.

Nik let out a garbled moan and sat up, the eight year old looked concerned for a second and glanced around searching for whatever had upset his brother, but as he moved slightly in the bed he felt the wetness that had spread across the sheets.

Kol's face had turned bright red."Uh no! Turn this shit off!"
Jeremy had realized what happened on the screen and started giggling along with loads of other people.
Kol just groaned and buried his face in his hands, admitting defeat.

He cursed and gazed at his brother helplessly, he did not know how to deal with this situation, he wrapped an arm around a still crying Kol in an attempt to console him, he just wept louder.

"He was probably crying because of your ugliness." Rebekah snorted.

His noisy crying woke Elijah.
Fortunately, Elijah, with three younger brothers, had experience with this situation. He understood what had happened almost immediately and automatically began to issue orders.

"Niklaus, strip the bed of the soiled furs and put them in the basket to be washed then, go into the barn and see if there are any spare furs in there. Kol, come with me."

Klaus nodded and without a word clambered out of the bed and did as he was told, Elijah lifted Kol out of the bed with ease and led him put of the room by hand.

"You're great with children. As I said you would be a great father." Katherine looked at Elijah, mesmerized. Elijah didn't try to comment this time so he smiled at her and rested a hand on her stomach. She flinched at first but then smiled gleefully at her stomach and where Elijah's hand lay.

Klaus looked at the wet furs with distaste but yanked them off the bed anyway and carried the huge pile with both arms, into the main room of their small hut.

"You slept on fur..."
"What else would we sleep on, hay?"

Their mother had weaved a decently sized wicker basket for them to discard their unclean clothes to be cleaned, he dumped the blankets in there and wiped his hands on one of his father's tunics that was also in the basket, he smirked slightly.

Klaus nervously looked back at Mikael who just smiled at his shenanigans and chuckled a little. This put a smile on Klaus's face.

Nik went and found some new furs and managed to throw the furs over the bed again, albeit in a much less neat way than Esther always did it.