26

A/N: let's pretend vikings had gyms. Like in the flint stone family cartoon thingy in the Stone Age. Well like they made their own if they wanted.

Klaus, around 13 now,walked into some sort of shed. Inside was a shirtless Elijah. In his hand was a hammer and a metal bar. He was holding it over a flame so it had gone red at the end. He hit it with the hammer to mould it into a long metal bar.

"Can I help you?" Klaus asked. He looked interested in whatever Elijah was making.

"Maybe next time, I only needed to make this and it's finished now." Elijah said and left the bar to cool.

"Would you like to continue your last bit of work?" Elijah asked and Klaus beamed at him.

"I miss that place... it was the best." Klaus said.
"Me too. I loved it there." Elijah smiled at klaus, reminding himself of all their good memories.

Elijah turned and picked up a small wooden box then handed it to klaus.
"You wouldn't happen to know how tall father is?" Elijah asked klaus who had started to set up on a table.

"I think he just about reaches that bar you pull up on. Why?" Klaus replied.
"No reason..." klaus didn't say anything else and pulled out a block of wood that he had started carving with a sharp knife.

On one side of the room there were tools, weapons, etc. it looked like a black smiths work area. On the other side there were old fashioned, homemade gym equipment.

Two wooden poles in the ground and a metal one at the top made a pull up bar. And there was a ladder in the middle on the wall that lead to an upstairs. It looked to be like a bedroom. It only covered half the top. It was like an indoor balcony.

There was a bench press. The weights were all made from stones that were carved into circles and the bars were metal that Elijah was making earlier.

"Did you make all that?" Tyler asked. Him being athletic and all. The gym rats in there were very intrigued.

Elijah walked over to a punching bag. The material was probably some sort of animal skin. He made a mark about the same height as the pull up bar.
"You wouldn't happen to know how much he can lift?" Elijah asked.

"Errrm around 550 I think." Klaus again thought nothing of it.

Elijah had started to kick the bag where the mark was.
"I'm guessing you're imagining that's Mikael's head." Mason said.

"Not quite. But sort of." Elijah replied.

"May I ask what are you doing?" Caroline's mother asked him.

"Training, of course." Elijah simply replied.
"Yes but what for?" Caroline said.
"You'll see..."
"What if we don't?"
"Then I'll tell you."

When Elijah was done with the bag he went over to the bench press.
"Niklaus would you mind spotting me?" Elijah asked. He loaded 600lbs onto the bar.

"Wow that's a lot 'Lijah. If you fail that I don't think I'll be able to help lift it." Klaus looked skeptical.

"What makes you doubt me being able to lift it?" Elijah raised an eyebrow and laid down on the bench.
"Nothing. Just, if father can't then surely you can't..."

"Thank you for having hope in me and being so supportive of me Niklaus." Elijah said sarcastically.

"Hey I had my reasons!"

Elijah braced himself and put his hands on the bar. Slowly, he pushed it up and it came off the rack. Klaus looked shocked as hell.

The sound of a camera or two went off. One was Caroline, I mean look at Klaus's expression. The other was Katherine... I don't blame her either.